Author Topic: F96 VHO 120-volt Fluorescent Ballasts 2-Lamp (Advance 2S200)  (Read 2216 times)
dieselbulb

View Posts
View Gallery

F96 VHO 120-volt Fluorescent Ballasts 2-Lamp (Advance 2S200) « on: May 04, 2016, 10:45:38 AM » Author: dieselbulb
I have 9 cases of F96PG17 CW WM's on the way and I'm starting to collect the parts I need to start to use a case of them. I'm installing 8 single lamp fixtures in pairs of two end to end, where both fixtures will share one ballast. I've only got one ballast currently, looking for 4 more (one for spare).

Currently I have an Advance ballast rated for 185watt Power Grooves, which is what I have. I'd need new ballast that are also rated for the 185 watt ES versions of VHO lamps.

Since these are indoor and in a climate controlled area (thermostat set at 55 in the winter and 80 in the summer) the Watt Miser lamps will be a good solution for me giving me almost the same light while saving some juice.

Prefer Advance 2S200 if you have them so I have the same Ballast Factor in all the fixtures.

Thanks!
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: F96 VHO 120-volt Fluorescent Ballasts 2-Lamp (Advance 2S200) « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 11:48:16 AM » Author: Solanaceae

Since these are indoor and in a climate controlled area (thermostat set at 55 in the winter and 80 in the summer) the Watt Miser lamps will be a good solution for me giving me almost the same light while saving some juice.

80 in the summer? How do you live?!

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

dieselbulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F96 VHO 120-volt Fluorescent Ballasts 2-Lamp (Advance 2S200) « Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 02:11:27 PM » Author: dieselbulb
This is for my shop.

When it's 100 degrees outside, 80 feels really nice, plus it's not much of an electrical burden to keep it around 80 as it would be 70 or so.

Same goes for the winter. When it's 20 degrees outside, 55 feels nice, or is bearable wearing normal clothes to work on trucks.

Speaking of Ballasts, Looks like there is an RC and RS version of the 2S200, looks like the RS version is the higher output version. Hmm... I have the RS already.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F96 VHO 120-volt Fluorescent Ballasts 2-Lamp (Advance 2S200) « Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 07:41:47 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I understand the 55 in the winter. The ladies put the heat on 80 and when I go upstairs it's like a sauna so I turn the heat off and run the fan to dispel some of the heat. And I can understand that, it normally doesn't get up to 100 here unless it's a heat wave.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: F96 VHO 120-volt Fluorescent Ballasts 2-Lamp (Advance 2S200) « Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 10:42:55 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Solanaceae
80 in the summer? How do you live?!
80 ain't bad at all :) pretty much every summer night when I go to bed its above that.. (really mid 80's in the bedroom is perfect sleeping temp for summer)
Now when it gets well above 90 in the bedroom at night, sleeping can be a bit harder :lol:

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F96 VHO 120-volt Fluorescent Ballasts 2-Lamp (Advance 2S200) « Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 12:34:31 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I'm at the top floor at my house and to top it off my room is on the southeast side of the house so it's always an inferno in the summer. 72 is very comfy for me lol. When we move in the new haus I'll sleep in the basement.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F96 VHO 120-volt Fluorescent Ballasts 2-Lamp (Advance 2S200) « Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 08:18:11 AM » Author: wattMaster
I'm at the top floor at my house and to top it off my room is on the southeast side of the house so it's always an inferno in the summer. 72 is very comfy for me lol. When we move in the new haus I'll sleep in the basement.
My bedroom is also on the southeast, But is filled with windows.
To make it comfy, we keep the thermostat on 71.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

dieselbulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F96 VHO 120-volt Fluorescent Ballasts 2-Lamp (Advance 2S200) « Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 09:05:33 PM » Author: dieselbulb
This wanted ad is no longer needed. I got my fill of ballasts for the current project.

Scored Two Advance and two Universal VHO Ballasts HPF and HBF.
veryhighonoutput

View Posts
View Gallery

T12

Re: F96 VHO 120-volt Fluorescent Ballasts 2-Lamp (Advance 2S200) « Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 09:41:34 PM » Author: veryhighonoutput
I'm still waiting for my list from palmer he has 30 pg/vho 96" ballasts I'll be selling most of them not sure price yet,I hope 30$ each there brand new in box can't wait to see brand and date???

T12/ t17 there's a reason they made heavy magnetic ballasts

veryhighonoutput

View Posts
View Gallery

T12

Re: F96 VHO 120-volt Fluorescent Ballasts 2-Lamp (Advance 2S200) « Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 07:15:34 PM » Author: veryhighonoutput
Hey I'm glad I hooked you up with two db!

T12/ t17 there's a reason they made heavy magnetic ballasts

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies