Author Topic: Westinghouse AK-10 eBay find relamped with CFL  (Read 1711 times)
mccall52
Westinghouse AK-10 eBay find relamped with CFL « on: April 14, 2016, 08:49:08 PM » Author: mccall52
Good evening,

Thank you to Patrick for my recent account creation.

My primary motivation behind joining the board is my eBay find, a Westinghouse AK-10. Reading another site, I believe this to be an older version because of the twist lock refractor.

When It was bought, it was already painted red, and had no socket or other internals. Came with a very nice Holophane glass lens.

I built an extended socket using a couple round junction boxes and a 6" pipe nipple. Using a medium base socket, I relamped with a CFL bulb.

If I can't find a replacement bracket I'll continue to use the eyelet for hanging.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Westinghouse AK-10 eBay find relamped with CFL « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:54:57 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Wow, that is a nice score. If you can't find the slipfitter flange, you could make one from a metal pipe flange. I like the red on this, it looks factory.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

mccall52
Re: Westinghouse AK-10 eBay find relamped with CFL « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 08:17:20 PM » Author: mccall52
Thank you for your kind words, it's my first vintage street light. The red was what convinced my wife to be on board with the purchase.

I've been thinking about that as well. Doesn't seem to difficult to weld up a short piece of pipe to a piece of plate steel, and fashion a horseshoe clamp to attach to an arm. I don't weld, but there's a couple people I work with that do.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies