Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 66608 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #120 on: November 12, 2017, 05:34:51 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
When i salvage a whole bunch of automotive lightbulbs from the junkyards and end up filling an entire box up of them...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #121 on: November 12, 2017, 07:23:13 PM » Author: CEB1993
When i salvage a whole bunch of automotive lightbulbs from the junkyards and end up filling an entire box up of them...

I'm the same way Owen, only I like filling up a box of random older incandescent light bulbs from the ReStore  ;D

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #122 on: December 08, 2017, 09:36:42 PM » Author: CEB1993
The crackling of pine wood in a fire on a cold day.  I love how the whole room is filled with warmth and the nice smell of dried pine. 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #123 on: December 09, 2017, 12:36:48 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CEB1993
The crackling of pine wood in a fire on a cold day. 
Yep. absolutely agree :)
Lighting up the fireplace on a cold winter day is great!
(same for lighting up the firepit outside on a cool summer evening)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #124 on: December 12, 2017, 01:16:53 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The crackling of pine wood in a fire on a cold day.  I love how the whole room is filled with warmth and the nice smell of dried pine. 

Yes, it's on days like this that we wish we had an open fire in our flat.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #125 on: January 31, 2018, 11:08:50 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Twisting in a fluorescent
Screwing in any light bulb
Seeing striations in fluorescent
A fluorescent lamp with nothing rattling inside
My GF (I say no more about that)
Vacuuming

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #126 on: January 31, 2018, 11:25:07 AM » Author: sol

Vacuuming

Especially when it's the first time immediately after getting rid of a natural Christmas tree. I love to see where I passed the vacuum.

Same goes with the lawn mower. When the grass is nice and thick and you can see where you passed, it is very satisfying. When you need to mow because it is very uneven with dried up patches, then it is less fun.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #127 on: January 31, 2018, 07:18:03 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: sol
lawn mower. When the grass is nice and thick and you can see where you passed, it is very satisfying.
Yep that ... and I also like the smell of fresh cut grass

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #128 on: January 31, 2018, 07:41:13 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Yeah same with the mower and the smell of fresh cut grass

Smell of WD-40, LOWES, HD

Smell of LUMBER

Smell of my gfs hair (smells like the taste of Hershey's choc. and how vanilla smells)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:13:40 PM by F96T12 DD VHO » Logged

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #129 on: February 01, 2018, 08:47:07 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: F96T12 DD VHO
Smell of LUMBER
Yes fresh cut lumber...
The pine stuff is good
But I particularly love the smell of cedar
I also kinda like the smell of plywood (not sure what type of tree they actually make it out of? pine?)

---
Oh and I love the smell of rain!

---
Also in summer just gotta love what I call "a hot dry day in the desert"
(where I live is not actually a desert, but 'semi arid' I think is the technical word .. temps can easily get into the 90's & humidity values in the teens or even single dights)

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #130 on: February 01, 2018, 10:50:52 PM » Author: ace100w120v
It's funny you guys mention lumber, because I also love the "newly built house" type smell...plywood, fresh paint, etc.  OSB is even more odorous than plywood but I think that's the glue. 
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #131 on: February 01, 2018, 10:54:00 PM » Author: Lodge
Lumber smells good, cedar is better, but if you ever get the joy of working with tigerwood that stuff smells amazing I'll even burn the shavings, it's really that good..
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #132 on: February 01, 2018, 11:46:38 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Lodge
tigerwood that stuff smells amazing I'll even burn the shavings, it's really that good..
Never heard of it...hopefully I'll come across a board someday!

I burn most of my leftover wood scraps. :)

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #133 on: February 02, 2018, 04:46:12 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I love the smell of wood, like when you go to hardware stores and walk through the isles with wood.

I also like the smell of petrol (gas to US) although it's probably not good for you. ::)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #134 on: February 02, 2018, 09:34:12 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I love the smell of wood, like when you go to hardware stores and walk through the isles with wood.

I also like the smell of petrol (gas to US) although it's probably not good for you. ::)

I agree....

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies