Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 65364 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #150 on: February 11, 2018, 08:31:08 PM » Author: CEB1993
Halogen headlights can dim out??

Yes, some halogens dim out as the halogen cycle inside a capsule does not perfectly redeposit evaporated tungsten back onto the filament.  The bright white halogen bulbs in my car before these Xtremevisions unfortunately dimmed out significantly and one of the bulbs burnt out completely, and then came back on  ???  These new Xtremevisions last twice as long and will not dim as severely over time  8)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #151 on: February 17, 2018, 10:51:18 PM » Author: 589
@589, what motorcycle do you ride? Not sure how much gas mileage mine takes but I will be
doing research on it much more this year.

Some more of my oddly satisfying things:

- Driving my car after filling it up with gas
- The crackling sound my bike makes while I'm downshifting
- Tingling/painful feeling I get after weightlifting
- A good stretch after sleeping
- Overtaking someone going much slower than posted speed-limit
- Laughing at a good joke. Anyone got any?

I have two:
-dyna superglide (40mpg)
-fz6r (46mpg)

I'll add some more satisfying things
-Driving or riding with my wife
-Having a brew with friends while watching odd youtube channels
-Starting lamps (you can tell in my videos)
-Homemade chocolate chip cookies and whole milk
-New windshield wipers
-A straight steering wheel, especially after driving around with a crooked one for a while.

:lps:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #152 on: February 17, 2018, 11:14:19 PM » Author: suzukir122
@589, Someone else on here told me that they own an Fz6r. I forget who, but it might've been you
if you recently changed your user-name.
Though it's not as rare as my bike, the Fz6r is still rare!
One day, I'll understand driving/riding around with my wife, if I ever find that special woman.
Starting lamps is a big one for me as well, especially rapid start fluorescent, preheat fluorescent,
Mercury Vapor or Metal Halide start ups. Might have to throw in Semi-Resonant Start as well, though
I've really only seen them operate in YouTube videos, since we don't typically have them in the U.S.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #153 on: February 18, 2018, 08:19:31 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The smell of bacon as it cooks.  :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #154 on: February 18, 2018, 10:10:39 PM » Author: 589
The smell of bacon as it cooks.  :)

And the taste of it too 😊

:lps:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #155 on: February 18, 2018, 10:17:28 PM » Author: suzukir122
The taste of Bacon is the best part to me.
Actually, thanks to Miss Cuddly and 589, I'll be going to the store
to buy some.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #156 on: February 20, 2018, 12:28:38 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I'm right there with you with everything on that post, David  :)  Check out my new Philips X-Tremevisions in my VW Jetta.  Driving with brand new halogen headlight bulbs that haven't dimmed or burnt out is just awesome!  8)

They really do improve night time driving. I'm very happy with my own X-Tremevisions. A big improvement over stock in my opinion. 8)

Seeing the fuel gauge needle jump to F after filling up the tank in my car.

Smell of new tyres is heavenly. ;D

Having a nice meal after being hungry for an hour or so.
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #157 on: February 21, 2018, 11:03:39 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Dimming a LED that has no flicker as the brightness goes down

Getting paid

The smell of static (don't ask)

Seeing a laser beam clear as day without smoke

Monochromatic light of any color

LG it's self

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #158 on: February 21, 2018, 05:08:23 PM » Author: suzukir122
The most oddly satisfying occurrence so far for me this year:
Yesterday it was 75 degrees. Very warm weather... which is satisfying in itself, though not oddly.
I decided to go over to my friends garage a get my motorcycle out, and ride it around the neighborhood
for a bit, just to practice/get a feel for it. As I was riding towards a stop sign, I noticed an
entire family in front of their home staring at me. It looked to be a mom, a dad, and 3 kids.
One little girl on her tricycle, another kid on his skateboard, and another just standing on the porch.
The mom and dad both looked to be having a conversation in their garage. No clue... I was just passing by.
All of them stared at me with a blank expression... so I waved to them. The mom and dad both waved back
and smiled, the girl on her tricycle waved while jumping up and down happily on her tricycle which
was incredibly adorable, and the kid on his skateboard pointed and yelled "nice bike" to me. I guess
it was oddly satisfying in the fact that I didn't expect that reaction. So far for me, that was the
best, most memorable moment this year.

Other oddly satisfying things:
- The pink/orange flashing from metal halide fixtures warming up... which is honestly cool, more than oddly satisfying
- When Adblock Plus immediately blocks a pop-up ad as soon as the ad attempts to open
- The sounds of fans
- Cracking open a jaw-breaker candy
- The smell of Spring, aside from the allergies
- When a thunderstorm has been identified as a Supercell

Interests:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #159 on: February 21, 2018, 05:20:00 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I like the winter air... it is nice... too bad that'll be gone soon...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #160 on: February 22, 2018, 10:31:30 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Finding multiple IDs or ID - IDs (unreleased songs or songs in production but never to be out to public)

A month or two where the temps stay in 15-32 degree F range in the wrong season

Finding a song released in 2011 and still loving it (nostalgia)

When google searches correctly

When I type the letter "L" in the status bar and the first thing that pops up is lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php

When I cheat death

Clearing out everything I don't need on my computer or phone then suddenly everything's faster

USB Mice for a PC

Knowing that the Iphone charger adapter can charge any USB device fast

Have mains power at 125VAC instead of 120VAC

Eating or drinking something way past due date and not getting sick

Taking a successful pic of a lightning bolt

Watching the oven heating elements heat up during preheat/same goes for stoves and toasters

Feeling the warmth of a wire that has 10, 20, or 50 AMPS running through it

Watching a 1500mA PG lamp turn off

That small and faint buzz that comes from a toaster during operation

The street lighting that has light levels alternating from orange to dark (HPS in this case)

When people use their blinkers

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #161 on: March 08, 2018, 03:55:28 PM » Author: suzukir122
New subscribers on YouTube, despite having no content available just yet.
I've been shouted out before (Shout out definition: When a YouTube user with a much higher subscriber base, notifies
their subscribers to subscribe to your channel.)
This particular YouTube user mentioned my channel back in 2014, and is currently the only subscriber of mine with
almost 500,000 subscribers. Every once in a while, I get slammed with new subscribers at complete random. The fact
that I have 0 videos worth viewing (besides that ghetto Sonic 2 game play from 2011 or 2012) and I have a little
over 300 subscribers and counting... that is oddly satisfying to me.
I cannot wait to finally start making videos.

Interests:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #162 on: March 08, 2018, 05:29:33 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
New subscribers on YouTube, despite having no content available just yet.
I've been shouted out before (Shout out definition: When a YouTube user with a much higher subscriber base, notifies
their subscribers to subscribe to your channel.)
This particular YouTube user mentioned my channel back in 2014, and is currently the only subscriber of mine with
almost 500,000 subscribers. Every once in a while, I get slammed with new subscribers at complete random. The fact
that I have 0 videos worth viewing (besides that ghetto Sonic 2 game play from 2011 or 2012) and I have a little
over 300 subscribers and counting... that is oddly satisfying to me.
I cannot wait to finally start making videos.

I've subscribed bro.  8)

Just curious... Why did you post Sonic the hedgehog?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #163 on: March 08, 2018, 07:09:11 PM » Author: suzukir122
Ahh, I see that. But Owen, you've mentioned before that you're not into motorcycles. Why subscribe? lol...
Man, regardless, thank you brother. I really appreciate that a lot. You gained a new subscriber as well!
The Sonic The Hedgehog (2) video was just to throw something out there at the time, but since I was
literally playing from the Sega Genesis console, I had no choice but to record it through an old
camcorder. I was a BEAST at that game, and I was actually angry after uploading it. (I made small
mistakes here and there that weren't noticeable.)
I no longer have that TV, that camcorder, or that Sega Genesis console. lol

Interests:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #164 on: March 08, 2018, 07:27:01 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Ahh, I see that. But Owen, you've mentioned before that you're not into motorcycles.

When did I say that? I don't recall... I ride a bike... perhaps one day I'll upgrade who knows.. lmao.

~Owen

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies