Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 65404 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #240 on: December 27, 2019, 08:23:02 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Watching an SLI/H lamp warm up for the first time.!  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #241 on: December 27, 2019, 08:43:11 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
Being able to fix a rare 3 way GE snap switch that previously arced.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #242 on: January 02, 2020, 05:48:34 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Getting a formula in a spreadsheet to show the result that you wanted.  :)

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #243 on: January 06, 2020, 07:06:17 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The smell of freshly roasted coffee wafting down the street.  ;D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #244 on: January 06, 2020, 10:27:38 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Being able to prove someone wrong when you KNOW your right !!!!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #245 on: January 10, 2020, 12:34:08 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The hum of a magnetic ballast, we have a nice beefy one coming to run our 180W SOX lamp on.  ;D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #246 on: January 13, 2020, 07:41:02 AM » Author: migette1
Lighting some of the rarer lamps  but with care using my variac from I wonder where from....yes you are right bootsale....Also lighting that 400w black light lamp hoping it does not explode it gets very hot.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #247 on: January 19, 2020, 07:00:24 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Working with Ria on making a lighting board.  :-*

We each have our own areas of expertise, so coming together to get it done is wonderful  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #248 on: January 19, 2020, 07:04:22 PM » Author: Rommie
Using 'percussive maintenance' to make something work again :D
"When in doubt, give it a clout" is our motto  :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 01:46:51 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #249 on: August 08, 2020, 01:40:25 PM » Author: suzukir122
Oddly satisfying to watch: my little brother's creativity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPjZPVgt10

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #250 on: August 08, 2020, 01:47:50 PM » Author: Rommie
Talking of creativity, watching Sammi write  :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #251 on: August 08, 2020, 02:30:06 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Oddly satisfying to watch: my little brother's creativity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPjZPVgt10

Wow! That video is really cool!

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #252 on: August 08, 2020, 02:38:18 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Fluorescent05, I know right? :lol: Funny thing is, I don't even know where in the heck he's getting all that stuff from. (I'll ask him)
But it's like his own virtual world that he creates, with... surprisingly accurate lighting. Very satisfying to watch, and I really don't know
why it's so satisfying.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Wireman
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #253 on: August 20, 2020, 10:54:20 PM » Author: Wireman
Watching a line crew intentionally blow a fuse on a 13.2kv line to locate a faulty underground cable. The sound of the fuse blowing along with the intense flash of light is more exciting than anything I can think of.
Sparky_t17

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #254 on: January 30, 2021, 04:05:28 AM » Author: Sparky_t17
The sound of an A/C compressor starting, watching a gas furnace light it’s burners, sticking a butter knife into a brand new jar of peanut butter, ripping packing slip envelopes off boxes, watching my lava lamps, and the fact that I have at least a few hundred feet of Ethernet cable running through a single wide trailer. For just me. Pretty much have a business class network running through my house.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies