Author Topic: Another 250w Mercury Luminaire gone  (Read 1695 times)
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Another 250w Mercury Luminaire gone « on: May 14, 2016, 04:47:27 PM » Author: M250R201SA
I was driving through town the other day, and noticed that a perfectly good (just needed a new lamp) GE 250w  :mv: 201SA luminaire has been replaced with a 250w  :hps: M250R2.  I wish I could've caught the lineman to ask him for the old luminaire, but that now leaves 3 working 250w  :mv: luminaires, with a few non-working ones in town (mostly on private property) and only 3 on city streets.  I have 2 chances left to get them, and I hope I can get a hold of the lineman and get them when they are replaced with  :hps:.  It's really sad, because this particular one was the last working 201SA, the other 3 are either American Electric or Cooper.  There is one GE 201SA 250w on private property behind my house which is controlled by the utility.  So if it is ever replaced, I hope that since it is in my backyard, I will be able to get a hold of it.   :( >:(

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Another 250w Mercury Luminaire gone « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 05:04:49 PM » Author: Lumex120
I was driving through town the other day, and noticed that a perfectly good (just needed a new lamp) GE 250w  :mv: 201SA luminaire has been replaced with a 250w  :hps: M250R2.  I wish I could've caught the lineman to ask him for the old luminaire, but that now leaves 3 working 250w  :mv: luminaires, with a few non-working ones in town (mostly on private property) and only 3 on city streets.  I have 2 chances left to get them, and I hope I can get a hold of the lineman and get them when they are replaced with  :hps:.  It's really sad, because this particular one was the last working 201SA, the other 3 are either American Electric or Cooper.  There is one GE 201SA 250w on private property behind my house which is controlled by the utility.  So if it is ever replaced, I hope that since it is in my backyard, I will be able to get a hold of it.   :( >:(
Makes no sense replacing it with 250w HPS. MV light is much nicer and easier on the eyes than LED or HPS, so they might as well have kept the old light up. This is just proof that the government hates MV and soon will do this with HPS.

Unofficial LG Discord

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Another 250w Mercury Luminaire gone « Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 04:10:58 PM » Author: M250R201SA
Makes no sense replacing it with 250w HPS. MV light is much nicer and easier on the eyes than LED or HPS, so they might as well have kept the old light up. This is just proof that the government hates MV and soon will do this with HPS.

The utility here, Ameren, doesn't even carry MV lamps on the trucks anymore.  Any  :mv: luminaires that fail, or even ones that are still operating are eventually replaced with an  :hps: luminaire.  They did use some MV lamps as late as 2014, but they were NOS lamps that had been sitting in the warehouse.  They quit ordering them some time ago.  When I moved here, there were very few  :hps: luminaires.  As a matter of fact, my entire street and the surrounding areas were ALL  :mv:.  Now they are ALL  :hps: except for 1 single, solitary  :mv: down the street, which I imagine will be replaced soon.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Another 250w Mercury Luminaire gone « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 04:46:46 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Any movement on that 250w NEMA or is your neighbor slackin lol?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Another 250w Mercury Luminaire gone « Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 04:51:30 PM » Author: Lumex120

The utility here, Ameren, doesn't even carry MV lamps on the trucks anymore.  Any  :mv: luminaires that fail, or even ones that are still operating are eventually replaced with an  :hps: luminaire.  They did use some MV lamps as late as 2014, but they were NOS lamps that had been sitting in the warehouse.  They quit ordering them some time ago.  When I moved here, there were very few  :hps: luminaires.  As a matter of fact, my entire street and the surrounding areas were ALL  :mv:.  Now they are ALL  :hps: except for 1 single, solitary  :mv: down the street, which I imagine will be replaced soon.
Maybe you could offer to buy replacement lamps for the MV fixtures. It would save them some money therefore they might keep them up if you did it.

Unofficial LG Discord

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Another 250w Mercury Luminaire gone « Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 08:59:55 PM » Author: M250R201SA
I don't have that kind of money.  Besides, they have a directive to replace MV fixtures with HPS fixtures as they get around to it.  So, whether I buy lamps or not, they wouldn't use or accept them.

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Another 250w Mercury Luminaire gone « Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 09:00:28 PM » Author: M250R201SA
Any movement on that 250w NEMA or is your neighbor slackin lol?

I've given up on that one for the time being.  He is slacking, and I'm tired of asking him. 

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Another 250w Mercury Luminaire gone « Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 09:48:25 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Learn him a lesson.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies