Author Topic: What is the closest lamp ti fluorescent lamp?  (Read 1056 times)
micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

What is the closest lamp ti fluorescent lamp? « on: June 08, 2017, 12:08:41 PM » Author: micole66
Mercury vapor, metal halide or High pressure sodium?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What is the closest lamp ti fluorescent lamp? « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 12:29:30 PM » Author: dor123
All of the four lamps are gas discharge lamps. The difference is that fluorescent lamps are low pressure discharge lamps. The rest three, are high pressure discharge lamps, so their light point is smaller than fluorescent lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: What is the closest lamp ti fluorescent lamp? « Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 12:25:29 AM » Author: Lodge
When you say closest, are you talking about in color output, brightness, shape, power usage ?

For color output, Metal halide then mercury (hps is orange)

Brightness, metal halide then mercury (HPS / watt is brighter then both, but it's orange)

Shape, Metal halide does come in tubular shape so does HPS, mercury might of in the past but it's hard to find them

Power usage, this really depends on the wattage your looking at, most discharge lights are higher wattage when compared to small florescent, but it is possible to get very low wattage metal halide, normally starting at 20 watts, and mercury at 40 watts and HPS at 35 watts, but you can buy a 4 watt florescent with ease.. If you go the opposite direction you can get most of those lamps in 1 kw to 2 kw pretty easy and you won't find a florescent in those power levels..   
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies