Author Topic: 175w MH in MV yardblaster  (Read 1332 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
175w MH in MV yardblaster « on: June 02, 2016, 04:59:24 PM » Author: Lumex120
So a few days ago I was working on cleaning out a MH shoebox that had a 175w cram lamp in it. Just for the lolz, I tried it in one of my 175w MV yardblasters with a mogul to medium adapter. To my surprise, it struck. I let it warm up, and when it reached full brightness and the ballast quieted down to it's gentle hum, I was about to take a picture of it since it looked so nice when suddenly the lamp extinguished. Fearing that the lamp had exploded and I somehow didn't hear it, I immediately turned it off. However, after a while I found that the lamp was just fine. I tried running the lamp again, and it did the same thing. Any idea why it's doing this? I thought that probe start lamps are fine once they start on a MV ballast. The MH lamp is also quite aged.

Also, this is my 500th post.  ;D

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: 175w MH in MV yardblaster « Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 05:04:48 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I think it has to do with ballast ocv. The yardblaster ballasts and generally any NPF ballast, the ocv is marginally lower than CWA or CWI. That's why you generally never see NPF probe MH ballasts.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies