Author Topic: GE M250R3? Not gonna happen  (Read 3717 times)
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE M250R3? « Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 05:42:16 AM » Author: Ash
Since they are allready failing, thats how they die :

Light output deprecation as result from overpowering (by bad design), overheating (by bad design, dayburning on hot days...), or lenses burning up from the Blue light (bad plastic)

One LED chip going open or shorted (possibly was defective chip), that cause disbalance in the series/parallel LED array :
 - When a chip shorts, more power is drawn to the ones in series with it so they are overpowered (then they keep failing and shorting like Xmas lights), and less to chips in other rows
 - When a chip opens, it disconnects all the ones in series with it so (somewhat) more power to the others
Finally, the driver might or might not detect that the chip voltage is out of spec and shut off or start flashing

Vibration breaking loose soldering or welding (in the chips) joints, so light or sections of it become out or intermittent

Drivers dying from overheating, drying up Electrolitic capacitors, and so on

Drivers dying from surges

Lantern contents drowning from moisture getting in, as it is not hot enough to dry up itself

Lanterns unable to work due to use with incompatible "smart city lighting" controllers, that appeared to work fine when tested initially
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: GE M250R3? « Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 04:19:32 PM » Author: M250R201SA
Here is the letter I received from GE.  It is a .PDF format

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE M250R3? « Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 04:51:17 PM » Author: Ash
Only thing i see here is the blatant assumption that it is obvious that LED is the answer to everything
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: GE M250R3? « Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 05:16:49 PM » Author: M250R201SA
Only thing i see here is the blatant assumption that it is obvious that LED is the answer to everything

Pretty much..  Someone needs to fire this lady and replace her and everyone in the sales dept. with one of us.

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies