Author Topic: "Paranormal activity" aka cycling HPS  (Read 2557 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
"Paranormal activity" aka cycling HPS « on: June 13, 2016, 02:55:46 PM » Author: Lumex120
https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/1bz86i/the_streetlight/?
This person thinks that a cycling HPS 2 lamp streetlight is scary. Apparently they thought they saw a shadow when the lamp was about to extinguish.

Unofficial LG Discord

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "Paranormal activity" aka cycling HPS « Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 04:39:06 PM » Author: Ash
Actually the story might be completely true..

Big bird flying there and landing on the lantern. Big shadow as the bird approach the lantern, especially if it goes by at a height below the lantern, so casting big shadow down on everything. Then landing harshly on the lantern, with a bit loose bracket that shakes and aging lamp that drops out from every movement, or bad connection, and there the arc goes. Add some wild cry from same bird and you can film that in a horror movie
ElectroLite

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "Paranormal activity" aka cycling HPS « Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 05:22:53 PM » Author: ElectroLite
Ever heard of Street Light interference? It's basically people that don't know what cycling is and think it's their "powers" or that they are "electric people". That whole conspiracy theory has a large number of believers too.

Look up on it. Some of it is just hilarious.

I made a thread on it HERE
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "Paranormal activity" aka cycling HPS « Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 05:47:00 PM » Author: Ash
Their "powers" no, but vibration from them walking near the light why not ?
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "Paranormal activity" aka cycling HPS « Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 06:21:17 PM » Author: wattMaster
The wires could be underneath you and broken, so if you put pressure on them, it might break a contact within the wire.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: "Paranormal activity" aka cycling HPS « Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 07:31:40 PM » Author: Lumex120
Ever heard of Street Light interference? It's basically people that don't know what cycling is and think it's their "powers" or that they are "electric people". That whole conspiracy theory has a large number of believers too.

Oh, I have heard of it long ago. Sure cracks me up sometimes! :P

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "Paranormal activity" aka cycling HPS « Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 08:40:00 PM » Author: wattMaster

Oh, I have heard of it long ago. Sure cracks me up sometimes! :P
I haven't heard of it till now, maybe the idea is unpopular.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "Paranormal activity" aka cycling HPS « Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 09:19:48 PM » Author: sol
I've heard of people who think there are pressure switches under the roadway and the weight of the cars trigger the lights on and off...

I've also heard, in reference to the six stairway HPS lanterns at my university, that they cycle the lamps on purpose to extend the re-lamp period. Obviously they were all at EOL, and probably still are.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies