Author Topic: Best way to ship lamps?  (Read 2145 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Best way to ship lamps? « on: August 26, 2015, 06:17:11 PM » Author: Lumex120
I want to send some Lifeguards to Solanaceae, but I don't know if this is the best way to package them. Is it? (pardon the huge image)

The newspaper is in very tightly, and they won't be able to float around in the box.
Is this the best way to package them? I don't want any to break... :o

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Best way to ship lamps? « Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 06:24:14 PM » Author: Solanaceae
When I send lamps to Mike, I wrapped them thick in bubble wrap since they were loose. They arrived intact. Try to stuff in some plastic grocery bags if you can.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Best way to ship lamps? « Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 07:34:56 PM » Author: sol
I received some mercury vapour lamps from ebay that were packed in little more than a single thickness of bubble wrap and they were surprisingly intact. I also received last week a full case of Osram 24 inch fluorescent (T8) from Germany and the original case was wrapped in pieces of corrugated cardboard. No extra padding. 24 out of 25 lamps made it. I would pack them like Solanaceae.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Best way to ship lamps? « Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 07:47:15 PM » Author: Solanaceae
The thing that helps is that the mercs have thicker glass, making them sturdier, plus the quality lamps have sturdy arctube guard frames, ensuring sturdiness.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Best way to ship lamps? « Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 08:01:38 PM » Author: sol
Yes, mine were Philips and Westinghouse Lifeguard ones. The fluorescent were Osram Lumilux.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Best way to ship lamps? « Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 08:09:04 PM » Author: Ash
Thats good packing

If you want even better, add an intermediate box, with the newspapers being more compressed in the inner space and less in the outer. This way the outer box can crumble a bit in the corners if it gets hit and absorb the energy of the impact, without breaking all the way to the lamps
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Best way to ship lamps? « Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 01:58:38 AM » Author: marcopete87
lot of bubble wrap, you put all into an box, another a lot of bubble wrap and close everything into an bigger box.
If you can get industrial bubble wrap with bigger bubbles, you can use into external box.
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Best way to ship lamps? « Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 03:20:49 AM » Author: funkybulb
 I find plastic grocery sack works very well.
  Also u need to find a way to protect the etch as those
Westies rub off easily.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Best way to ship lamps? « Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 10:44:14 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I just saw this on ABC News website and if I recall right there has been some discussion in here from time to time about bad handling of packets from postal services around the world. So here's one example of how not to do it: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/postal-worker-apparently-caught-throwing-package-front-door-35081785

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Best way to ship lamps? « Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 11:53:11 AM » Author: Lumex120
I just saw this on ABC News website and if I recall right there has been some discussion in here from time to time about bad handling of packets from postal services around the world. So here's one example of how not to do it: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/postal-worker-apparently-caught-throwing-package-front-door-35081785
Good grief. >:( Even if it was well packaged, there could have been some rare lamps in there and they would have probably broke no matter what. Yikes.

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies