Author Topic: Things That Scare You  (Read 19180 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #90 on: November 02, 2017, 04:33:05 PM » Author: Rommie
;D They print expiry dates on food ? I just stop eating it when it tastes bad, don't let the marketing fool you, really, just because the carton of milk tells you it's good until Oct 5 2017 doesn't mean it will magically go bad at 12:01 Am on the 5, and if you keep in in a fridge that's really a converted deep freeze running at 1 dec C (34 F) it will still be good for three weeks past that date on the carton easy sometimes it can be five weeks..     

I stop eating food when it tries to crawl out of the fridge when I open the door  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #91 on: November 05, 2017, 08:12:36 AM » Author: CEB1993
Septic tank malfunctions. (That was a really bad day)

The opening the fridge scene in Ghostbusters, really creepy!

Zombie beavers

Animals with rabies

Muggers or robbers

Storms with strong wind, and falling trees.

I admit, I think most clowns are creepy
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:24:36 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #92 on: November 12, 2017, 05:40:34 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
The idea of having kids. I'm fine with a Dog ... don't want demons running around the house....

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #93 on: November 12, 2017, 05:45:43 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
;D They print expiry dates on food ? I just stop eating it when it tastes bad, don't let the marketing fool you, really, just because the carton of milk tells you it's good until Oct 5 2017 doesn't mean it will magically go bad at 12:01 Am on the 5, and if you keep in in a fridge that's really a converted deep freeze running at 1 dec C (34 F) it will still be good for three weeks past that date on the carton easy sometimes it can be five weeks.. And while this article talks about Canadian food requirements it has some good info in it, and in reality most of our rules are very similar to the US rules  http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/best-before-dates-and-expiry-dates-5-things-you-may-not-know-1.3006858  plus who doesn't like mouldy cheese, I really do like blue cheese...

About getting lost, yep getting lost sucks, but then again I really like going to areas of the woods where there is no cell service, people then actually have to talk because texting no longer works and facebook can't send you updates, I know all the campsites and trails around me where the phone doesn't work, but I don't like getting lost so I do take a GPS, a spot, and a VHF/UHF radio with me but so far I haven't had to use the spot..

But the rest of them, ya they are not very pleasant, except the last one, the walking dead is the only show I have to watch, my whole world stops on Sundays when it comes on..     
woah... walking dead fan too ey??? learned something new today.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #94 on: November 12, 2017, 07:20:06 PM » Author: CEB1993
The idea of having kids. I'm fine with a Dog ... don't want demons running around the house....

That's kind of overwhelming for me to think about too.  I can't imagine raising kids and having them turn out to be little monsters like my little seven year old cousin.  I have a feeling I would be a strict parent  ;)  I would also fear for the kid's problems and worry about him or her being bullied at school or inheriting my OCD or anxiety disorders.  I would want to be at a point in my life where I am mature and financially capable of raising my children and providing them with a happy childhood.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #95 on: November 12, 2017, 07:31:47 PM » Author: Rommie

Personally I prefer cats, they look after themselves at 6 months  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #96 on: November 12, 2017, 08:19:56 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Personally I prefer cats, they look after themselves at 6 months  ;D

Yeah cats are pretty good, honestly cat or dog.. or no pet at all, dont care how it works but if i need to own a dog or cat to avoid a kid so be it...

~Owen

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Scare You « Reply #97 on: November 14, 2017, 08:50:13 PM » Author: CEB1993
I'm afraid of having a young child (cousin, etc.) doing something in my house, which is not ideal for little kids.  I would be afraid of children getting into my medications, which are within reach on my bathroom counter.  It scares me to think of a kid getting hurt in my house on my watch and doing something like falling down the stairs or playing with matches or knives when I'm not looking.

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies