Author Topic: Electronic Photocells.  (Read 2697 times)
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Electronic Photocells. « on: March 29, 2008, 08:29:22 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
I am looking to trade six thermal photocells for 2 elctronic photocells...Some I have are older and some newer...Intermatic and ALR. I will even trade a TUNG-SOL from 74 NOS. Anyone have any? Also could someone tell me how much power thermal controls use when your fixture is off during the day? They get very hot and this is wasted electric...I am just trying to think how much wasted energy this creating for me. No trade I will purchase then.

Same stuff, Different Day!

SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Electronic Photocells. « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 02:39:40 AM » Author: SeanB~1
AFAIK those thermal controls use around 15W when off during the day, arouns 10W in the heater for the bimetallic strip, the rest in the CDS cell and resistor. At night it uses under 5W.

The electronic versions vary from 2W during the day to 15W, depends on the manufacturer and the design.

If you live in an area with cold weather ( really not applicable where I live near the tropics) the thermal cells are self defrosting and self cleaning snow wise, the electronic can I hear freeze solid at times.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Electronic Photocells. « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 11:13:11 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I do have plenty of the electronic ones, I'll rather trade than to purchase....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Re: Electronic Photocells. « Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 12:01:16 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Jace, I only want 2....Send me a PM, I have Intermatic LC's 2 older clear area lighting reserach. 1 grey area lighting research and the old 74 tung sol. I'll give you them for 2 decent electronic ones that use very little electric when off. My problem is the 18watt fixture I have is probably using almost the same amount of power when on as it is off. Anything I can do to keep a few cents or dollars off the utility bill helps!

Same stuff, Different Day!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies