Author Topic: Wanted: Programmed (Rapid) Start 2 Lamp F32T8 Ballast  (Read 2055 times)
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Wanted: Programmed (Rapid) Start 2 Lamp F32T8 Ballast « on: July 18, 2016, 07:11:35 PM » Author: LampLover
I am wanting to buy a 2 lamp Programmed (Rapid) Start F32T8 ballast
I don't have a brand preference as long as it works 2 lamps and is of programmed start and of course can be run from the "normal" residential voltage of 120V
I am looking to pay as cheap as possible. I know some of you have tons of these so I was hoping to score one for just the shipping cost but I will pay for the ballast if it is cheap enough. Not looking to spend more then $20 for the ballast + shipping

Thanks

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Programmed (Rapid) Start 2 Lamp F32T8 Ballast « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 07:35:47 PM » Author: wattMaster
Try checking the lighting sites, I know 1000bulbs.com has them.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Wanted: Programmed (Rapid) Start 2 Lamp F32T8 Ballast « Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:17:09 PM » Author: Lumex120
https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/111434/BF-WHCG5120T12RS.html

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/2198/GE-96714.html

Unofficial LG Discord

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

Re: Wanted: Programmed (Rapid) Start 2 Lamp F32T8 Ballast « Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 08:03:24 PM » Author: LampLover
Thank You Zarlog! I got the second one you linked to but I got it on eBay for $11.35 Shipped which I think is a great price I hope

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Wanted: Programmed (Rapid) Start 2 Lamp F32T8 Ballast « Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 12:43:46 AM » Author: nicksfans
That Fulham ballast isn't actually rated for F32T8.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

Re: Wanted: Programmed (Rapid) Start 2 Lamp F32T8 Ballast « Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 07:19:21 PM » Author: LampLover
That Fulham ballast isn't actually rated for F32T8.

Yeah I noticed that also. I guess it shows up under both the T8 ballast page and the T12 ballast page because it is rated for both T8/T12 (F18T8, F36T8/F20T12, F34T12, F40T12) Anyway I got the GE ballast model 96714

Now I have to wait for the sockets (One cracked when removing the wire and one was already cracked where the wire goes, so I just bought four more) to show up as the slide on ones do not work with that old fixture as they get bigger on the end where they slide into the panel.

If anybody wants that old rapid-start ballast just pay shipping
but I do not even know if it even works so you would be buying it at your own risk

LED Free Zone!

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

Re: Wanted: Programmed (Rapid) Start 2 Lamp F32T8 Ballast « Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 02:53:26 AM » Author: nicksfans
LOL I'm surprised you didn't test that old ballast. That's probably the first thing I would do.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Programmed (Rapid) Start 2 Lamp F32T8 Ballast « Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 09:21:53 AM » Author: wattMaster
LOL I'm surprised you didn't test that old ballast. That's probably the first thing I would do.
It's not hard to do, but you just need to be careful with the wires.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

Re: Wanted: Programmed (Rapid) Start 2 Lamp F32T8 Ballast « Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 10:43:27 AM » Author: LampLover

I did not have any F40T12 lamps and I did not want to buy any
Unless there is a way to test the ballast without the lamps. With a multimeter or another way?

Also the wiring diagram on the new ballast is not 100% clear to me as the lamps operate in parallel and not series (I have wired programmed start series ones before)

I understand where the red and blue wires go but I am a little confused about how the yellow wires terminate. I am thinking that one yellow wire is attached to both sockets and the same with the other yellow wire?

I am just making sure I am 100% correct as I don't want to ruin my new ballast 

I posted a picture of the ballast with the wiring diagram

LED Free Zone!

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

Re: Wanted: Programmed (Rapid) Start 2 Lamp F32T8 Ballast « Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 06:26:50 PM » Author: nicksfans
It wires just like the old RS ballast. One yellow wire connects to one side of each socket. The other yellow wire connects to the other side of each socket.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies