Author Topic: What happened last night?  (Read 1725 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
What happened last night? « on: July 22, 2016, 10:22:16 AM » Author: Lumex120
Last night part of the site was down. Did anyone ever figure out what happened with it?

Unofficial LG Discord

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What happened last night? « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 10:37:51 AM » Author: dor123
I had this problem this morning until the mid noon. I entered the site only to get "Database error" message. I couldn't login and enter the forum, and in the gallery, the same message appeared at the area of the comments on each picture. I sent an email to the adminstrators.
I already commented about this here , when the site returned to operate.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened last night? « Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 03:20:54 PM » Author: wattMaster
Could be a bug with SMF.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened last night? « Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 03:27:26 PM » Author: Ash
Bug suddenly after everything worked fine for long period, and nobody changed anything ? Maybe but only if related to something overflowing somewhere, which is not that common occurence. I'd guess in the direction of some quota exceeded somewhere, or something on the server (not SMF, but the DB server or the like) broken after (possibly automatic) updates
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened last night? « Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 03:47:49 PM » Author: wattMaster
Here's my experience:
1. Forum starts to slow to a crawl.
2. Who's Online stops updating.
3. Database Error.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: What happened last night? « Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 05:16:08 PM » Author: Patrick
The currently online user information database table had an issue.  In particular, it was the index for that table.  I'm not sure why the index became invalid, but once it was rebuilt everything seemed to return to normal.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened last night? « Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 05:18:58 PM » Author: wattMaster
Something must have happened.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened last night? « Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 04:02:50 AM » Author: Medved
Probably a bug in the software, needing some particular conditions to happen together to cause it to crash. Most likely such conditions will not coincide any time soon again... Or if it will, there will be some chance for someone to really find it out.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies