Author Topic: GE makes LED Filament bulbs in Hungary!?!  (Read 1194 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
GE makes LED Filament bulbs in Hungary!?! « on: August 16, 2016, 11:24:10 PM » Author: Silverliner
Take a look:

http://catalog.gelighting.com/lamp/led-lamps/led-filament/f=ge-energy-smart-led-filament/d=0/

I understand it's a 220-240v product made for use overseas but you Euro members have you seen this lamp yet? Good to hear manufacturers are still investing in some Western plants, though this lamp needs to lose that plastic collar lol.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE makes LED Filament bulbs in Hungary!?! « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 03:23:43 AM » Author: Medved
On the plus side, the collar is not so visible as with the early products.
If you want better quality and performance ballast (long life with no flicker, or even dimmable), it will occupy more space and so not fit into the socket only (don't forget, about 1/3 of the socket volume is occupied by the glass bulb seal assembly...

And another plus side: The filaments are tilted (it is the first time I see that on a non-cheepeese brand; dunno why no reputable maker does that as well and why only the cheepeese e-bay ones do that) and not straight, so they won't make the typical shadow lines
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:26:52 AM by Medved » Logged

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies