Author Topic: Demolition Fail  (Read 5120 times)
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Demolition Fail « on: June 11, 2010, 09:19:03 PM » Author: lite_lover
 In Vancouver,a couple videos show light standards getting knocked down and one jolted to leave the streetlight hanging,both at the same demolition site. :P

http://news.aol.ca/ca/article/vancouver-building-demolition-goes-awry/19513390?icid=main|canada|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.ca%2Fca%2Farticle%2Fvancouver-building-demolition-goes-awry%2F19513390

The brighter the better.

magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 06:14:36 AM » Author: magslight
Very dangerous! Why had they not barricaded the street?
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 07:37:58 AM » Author: lite_lover
It was a low bid demolition company,tearing down the building as cheaply as possible,they didn't seem too concerned about safety.If the wall falls the other way oops maybe nobody noticed LOL.

The brighter the better.

magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 08:07:48 AM » Author: magslight
That's very stupid and  negligent.   Here is then always the police and the fire brigade for contolling there.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 11:16:07 AM » Author: dor123
I don't know if in Israel, such demolition accidents have been accured.
lite_lover: i think that the things that you are described considered illegal in Israel, since Israel have standards for demolition actions.
Since demolition is always have a high cost, low cost demolition are often pirated.
ALL of the demolitions must have a legal confirmation before they are invoked.
I think the company that performed these demolitions are working without a licence and will soon stop its activation.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 11:37:05 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 01:41:44 PM » Author: lite_lover
This is the first time I've seen such careless performance locally,this demolition job appeared to have gathered much attention,as there was several videos of the work in progress,and the building wasn't that large to be a major event(smaller buildings torn down to make way for newer development all the time here).From more information I've gathered,this company demolished wood framed houses/structures and wasn't experienced with brick/concrete buildings.

The brighter the better.

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 03:30:37 PM » Author: DieselNut
WOW!!!!!!!!! :o
Looks like he had no experience with that type of demolition.  That is one strong post the traffic signal is mounted to in the first video!

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 08:23:28 AM » Author: dor123
I think this company didn't recive a licence to perform this demolition, since they haven't an experience with a demolition of brick/concrete buildings.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 01:37:59 PM » Author: lite_lover
Now they have to pay the $4000.00 Canadian to replace the downed and damaged poles.

The brighter the better.

gailgrove

View Posts
View Gallery

MVs at Dusk

Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 09:25:21 AM » Author: gailgrove
Idiots  ::) >:( :'( the one that got knocked off looked like a 113, the pole that was knocked over looked a bit like a OV-15 but it was hard to tell from the video. But where are these people brains not only did they ruin two Cobras they could of KILLED PEOPLE :o IDIOTS >:( >:( >:(

Say no to Induction & LED, HID forever!

gailgrove

View Posts
View Gallery

MVs at Dusk

Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 03:28:21 PM » Author: gailgrove
Heres a better view of them totaling the cobra ::) (as it turns out it was a 115) they then take it a throw it in there scrap pile (the city might of taken it later) don`t enjoy, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20kfYOoSu0c

Say no to Induction & LED, HID forever!

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 09:05:45 PM » Author: icefoglights
Looks like they took out one car, two streetlights and a couple of newspaper boxes.

Streetlight poles are breakaway devices that usually don't take much to knock down, but traffic light poles are somewhat sturdier.  Around here, streetlights get knocked down all the time (especially in October) but the rare collisions with traffic light poles often don't end well.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 12:32:48 AM » Author: lite_lover
Yeah,they're good at distroying things lol,I don't know how they can get away without the use of hard hats...the turban the guy has on doesn't offer much protection from falling objects.Most light standards here on residential and city streets are directly bolted to the concrete bases and the light standards on the highways and freeways have break-away bases installed.

The brighter the better.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Demolition Fail « Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 10:11:08 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
There was actually a traffic light pole near me on route 29...that got TOTALLY knocked down a few months ago.....what went down was two regular traffic lights and one 3M programmable style traffic light.....they put up a new pole rather quickly which looks a little bit different from the old one.......

I have a picture of the new one that was put up....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies