Author Topic: How many replacements do you keep on hand?  (Read 503 times)
Lcubed3

View Posts
View Gallery

MAXIMUM LUMENS!!!

How many replacements do you keep on hand? « on: February 07, 2024, 04:54:45 PM » Author: Lcubed3
I like to have at least three replacements for each fixture, with some exceptions.

There's an F8T5 nightlight in our bathroom that I found a bunch of replacements for, so that lamp can be replaced about 25 times.
I found a great deal on F17T8s, so I have a 30pk case for a F17T8 lamp displaying a few boxes of computer mice
I have a 3x40W PL desk lamp that I only have three replacements for

Portland General Electric: 120/240VAC @ 60Hz
Bringer of Light

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: How many replacements do you keep on hand? « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 06:27:55 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I have a lifetime supply of F40T12's, F32T8's, & F20T12's .. I'll go EOL long before there'd be any chance of using them all up (even if I was to run my lights 24/7 I'd still be fine)
The only thing I'd like to get a couple more of are certain colors of F54T5. (if I'm going to do it, need to do it before the end of the year when the bulb-ban kicks in) Prices on eBay are too high anymore, so I'll have to look elsewhere.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: How many replacements do you keep on hand? « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 12:46:54 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We've got a big box of lampses for the general purpose lights in our flat that will outlast us.  :bulbman: :a_2d: :sfl:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How many replacements do you keep on hand? « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 12:29:46 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
It depends of the lamp. With incandescent lamps that are mostly used around the house I originally had about 10 lamps of each shape and purpose. But as time goas by I get more when I find them for free  in the lamp recycling box because why not, some times I find rare ones too, at least I save them from going to the lamp recycling factory which will crush them to get the different types of metals in them. :'( 

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: How many replacements do you keep on hand? « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 12:41:30 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
That's only if it's financially worth their while to do it, otherwise they'll end up in landfill.  >:(

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: How many replacements do you keep on hand? « Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 04:04:45 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Too many!  ::), I’d probably have a life time supply of all lamp types if they were just for use in the house!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How many replacements do you keep on hand? « Reply #6 on: March 10, 2024, 12:39:29 PM » Author: Danny
The way things are going with the phase outs…. As many as physically possible!!!!
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: How many replacements do you keep on hand? « Reply #7 on: March 10, 2024, 12:41:34 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We're already at the saturation point with lampses.! :poof:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: How many replacements do you keep on hand? « Reply #8 on: March 24, 2024, 05:05:13 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Too many. And I'm a dingus and keep grabbing more. I burn through incans the most so I just collect a steady flow of whatever modern stuff I can find at restores/dollar stores. I prefer the behavior/color/CRI of incans for some types of lighting (bedrooms, bathrooms kitchens). I also like to use high wattage (300 watt) in attics and closets. Since they receive little use. Why not. I use CFLs in some spots mostly for nostalgia reasons and have a small stockage of spares for that. I don't stock many LEDs unless they're unique. No point since I can just get them from the store.

I got a bunch of random mercury lamps that will probably last me forever. I got a bunch of halides. And HPS. I need to get a case of 100, 150 and 70 watt HPS. I have yet to find any. It's honestly a lot easier to find mercury lamps than it is to find HPS. Which is kind of annoying sometimes considering how common HPS is.

Linear fluorescent is a nightmare. I have a lot of them. And having to move them around is annoying. But without them I wouldn't be able to keep my stuff running. I actually need a case of F40T12 and F32T8. I have a bunch of randoms but about 80 percent of them are used. I don't really care about brand or color as long as they aren't watt savers or complete junk. I have yet to just find a full case of F40s or F32s laying around.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 05:13:42 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: How many replacements do you keep on hand? « Reply #9 on: March 24, 2024, 08:19:17 PM » Author: BT25
Lots...mainly HIDs of any type. I have enough to outlast probably three generations of humans!  :poof: ::) :lol:

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How many replacements do you keep on hand? « Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 11:26:00 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I don't keep too many replacements for stuff around the house . With the life ratings of decent HID , 3 spares should last 15-20 yrs. running D2D ! I don't keep any for the readily available lamps  .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies