Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 117630 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1005 on: October 03, 2021, 11:47:44 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Collaged a few photos of lamps today. 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1006 on: October 05, 2021, 02:37:10 PM » Author: Rommie
Lit an Ascot 5ft 80W BC-cap tube on our 80/125W MV ballast. We had to cobble together a bit of a lash-up involving choc blocks and long pieces of wire, but it was just to see if the tube worked, which it does, so we can now design and build something more permanent  :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1007 on: October 05, 2021, 04:29:17 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We used an old bell push as a manual starter. Ria has been waiting years to find a use for it.   :)

Now we have the proof of concept we will build a proper housing for it. (pictures to follow)  :a_fluor:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:
Budding Author
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1008 on: October 05, 2021, 04:32:32 PM » Author: Rommie
I stripped the button out of an old bus that had been left abandoned and burnt out on some waste ground back in the 60's and somehow I never found a use for it until now  ;D

It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1009 on: October 05, 2021, 09:47:37 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
That's why you NEVER throw things away !!  :lol:  I typically find a use for something less than a week AFTER I threw it out !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1010 on: October 06, 2021, 11:22:00 AM » Author: Rommie
Tell me about it, I threw away an old eprom eraser I'd not used for years, then I found out it had a Philips TUV6 lamp in it  :poof:  :'(

Took me years to find another of those lamps  :(

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1011 on: October 06, 2021, 02:24:23 PM » Author: Rommie
Received in the post an Iwasaki Eye SDX100 White SON lamp. I already had the gear for it, so now just running it up to see how it looks, we'll build a proper ballast board for it later on.  :son-t:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1012 on: October 06, 2021, 02:32:15 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We did have to play 'hunt the ballast' before we could light it.  :wndr:

The ballast was however in the box I thought it would be in though  :bal3: 8)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 02:33:08 PM by sox35 » Logged

Budding Author
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1013 on: October 07, 2021, 11:00:31 PM » Author: High Intensity
Got some more lighting photos, spotted a crew installing LED faux neon on the outside of a Denny's, also spotted some linesmen installing Cooper Galleon LEDs alongside a rode near where I'm staying.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1014 on: October 08, 2021, 07:56:29 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
This is going to take most of the day. ;D

We have just taken delivery of a large box of lampses from Max in the Netherlands.  :poof:

Photos to follow.  8)

Thank you so much,   :-* :love:

Budding Author

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1015 on: October 08, 2021, 04:38:11 PM » Author: Bulbman256
American Max (the insane one! :lol: ) Got a couple bulbs from Tim, Thanks man. 8) :love:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

subway5411

View Posts
View Gallery

Brett Bielecki

brettbie subway5411 brettb_5411
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1016 on: October 08, 2021, 04:50:26 PM » Author: subway5411
Picked up 5 180w and 3 135w SOX lamps today for a total of $300!!!!! Beyond excited, they are at my dad's place right now. Pics coming as soon as I can get a hold of them!  :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps:

On a side note: this thread is getting huge...

Bring me back to the days when Low Pressure Sodium and Clear Mercury lit the way. :mv: :lps:
I also like electronics, vintage computers, ham radio/communications, and many other things!

Add me on Discord - @brettb_54#7371
<-- or my other social media sites!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1017 on: October 08, 2021, 04:56:01 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
That is a good price.!  :poof:

Usually those lamps go for about a buck per watt, so well done.  :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps:

Budding Author

subway5411

View Posts
View Gallery

Brett Bielecki

brettbie subway5411 brettb_5411
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1018 on: October 08, 2021, 05:01:58 PM » Author: subway5411
On another note, two days ago I picked up this interesting Canadian Line Materials fixture for $10. It is called the "D.D." on the label, which I can only assume this was the Canadian version of the Line Materials "Dusk to Dawner" Fixture. Reminds me a lot of the EPAC "Suburba-Pac" used extensively in Ontario way back then. Runs a 250w MV lamp, and has a typical Sola F-Can ballast in the gear box. Overview video coming soon on this light once I edit it...

Bring me back to the days when Low Pressure Sodium and Clear Mercury lit the way. :mv: :lps:
I also like electronics, vintage computers, ham radio/communications, and many other things!

Add me on Discord - @brettb_54#7371
<-- or my other social media sites!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1019 on: October 08, 2021, 05:04:48 PM » Author: Rommie
Always wanted a fixture like this, but they were never used over here. I've seen them on US eBay, but the shipping costs always kill it for me  :-\

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines