Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 116793 times)
subway5411

View Posts
View Gallery

Brett Bielecki

brettbie subway5411 brettb_5411
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1035 on: October 16, 2021, 04:23:28 PM » Author: subway5411
@subway5411, I'm well aware of that motivation mode, incandescent streetlights here are disappearing due to cheap LEDs. I plan to make a brochure explaining how dire it is to keep them, maybe I'll do it to some MV towns too.
Good idea, although it is basically inevitable that they will be replaced with LED, especially if they do a bulk purchase.
I’d be more motivated with saving as many fixtures as possible, personally.

Bring me back to the days when Low Pressure Sodium and Clear Mercury lit the way. :mv: :lps:
I also like electronics, vintage computers, ham radio/communications, and many other things!

Add me on Discord - @brettb_54#7371
<-- or my other social media sites!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Ban LG critics

Cameron_Ouellette_10
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1036 on: October 16, 2021, 08:19:19 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Good idea, although it is basically inevitable that they will be replaced with LED, especially if they do a bulk purchase.
I’d be more motivated with saving as many fixtures as possible, personally.
Luckily with those, you can screw a filament LED in the existing fixtures.

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Power Company: Eversource
Im proud to say my town is still HID!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!
I’m proud to say I’ve been to the EMEC service area with ZERO LED!
Also enjoys playing Basketball and Baseball.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1037 on: October 16, 2021, 09:58:28 PM » Author: High Intensity
Got some photos of some lights in my area, including some that I fear will not be around for long.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1038 on: October 17, 2021, 03:07:07 AM » Author: icefoglights
Stood my light pole back up in it's new home, hung an MV security light, and hooked temporary power (extension cord) up so I could get it lit up.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1039 on: October 17, 2021, 08:39:53 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
This was last night actually before we went to bed.  :bulbman:

After a looking for it all day we litted Nanaba's light blub  :racc:  :c7blue:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:
Budding Author
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

The Christmas Lights Are On, But Is Anybody Home..

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1040 on: October 18, 2021, 12:53:02 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
3 things today:
* Put up some Christmas lights.
* Re-installed a 1xF32 fluorescent on the house (had taken it down for painting)
* Converted a 2xF96 strip to LED (I'm quite impressed. nice upgrade.)

Forget the lights..just give me a good lightning storm & tornado to go watch...

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1041 on: October 18, 2021, 11:14:12 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We've got a Philips CDM-T ELB 70W litted that we got in the box of lampses from Max.  :love:

As always pictures to follow.

Budding Author
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1042 on: October 18, 2021, 06:40:53 PM » Author: HPS_250
Today I went through a couple boxes of T12 fluorescent lamps and brought a few EOL ones out for disposal. The rest will be used for the rapid start T12 fixtures in my garage, since they’re just common Phillips Altos.

I also saw some more F32T8 fixtures at my school being retrofitted with LED.

I don’t collect lighting, however I have always been interested!
I enjoy photography, making videos, and will be here to photograph street and outdoor lighting.

Other interests include hiking, nature, biking, as well as identifying and photographing birds and plants.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1043 on: October 18, 2021, 07:19:26 PM » Author: High Intensity
Got a pretty decent score from my local Restore yesterday, mainly consisting of slightly older Incandescent, fluorescent, and a few LEDs with big heatsinks.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1044 on: October 19, 2021, 05:28:56 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Got my Eye 220w hps lamp in today, currently lighting it up. 8) :hps:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1045 on: October 19, 2021, 06:50:02 PM » Author: Rommie
If it's the same one as we have, it's a lovely lamp. I have always been impressed with the build quality from Iwasaki  :hps:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1046 on: October 20, 2021, 01:36:57 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We've got one of these litted today that we got as part of our trade with John (thorncollector) :hps:

And I've started on a spreadsheet of our collection, with this lamp as the first entry.

Budding Author

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1047 on: October 20, 2021, 03:38:04 PM » Author: Bulbman256
And I've started on a spreadsheet of our collection

How long is that going to take? :lol: :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1048 on: October 20, 2021, 03:40:43 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Probably a couple of decades...  :poof:  :lol:

Budding Author

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1049 on: October 21, 2021, 03:57:35 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Another day, and another lampses from what we get from thorncollector. Today it's a clear Sylvania 175W MV.  :mv:

And it was another entry on the spreadsheet. :)

Budding Author

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines