Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249745 times)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1080 on: December 18, 2021, 12:17:14 PM » Author: Econolite03
Ohh It’s on my to-do list, someday.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1081 on: December 18, 2021, 12:18:08 PM » Author: Rommie
Yeah..! You need a proper lampholder though.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1082 on: December 18, 2021, 12:37:19 PM » Author: Econolite03
Yeah I need to get that first, it’s on my list too.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1083 on: December 18, 2021, 12:51:17 PM » Author: Rommie
Like I said, PM me. I've got loads of them.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1084 on: December 20, 2021, 12:54:56 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
12/19/21 : I went on a 150 mile road trip to buy a Unistyle 400 cobra head from Facebook Marketplace. On the way home , I stopped at 3 different antique malls and got some photos of some really interesting and rare lighting items including a antique chandelier with 5 GE Mazda globe lamps in it and even a Revere Cat-Eye flood sans ballast housing .
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 01:35:19 AM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1085 on: December 20, 2021, 11:00:37 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We took delivery of 2 candle shaped fireglow lampses.  :bulbman:

Piccies to follow.

And here they are.  :bulbman:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 12:59:18 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1086 on: December 21, 2021, 02:50:20 PM » Author: Rommie
Lit our big Iwasaki EYE 1000W MH lamp, not sure if I should post any pictures, most of them were just a whiteout  8) :poof:  ;D

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1087 on: December 28, 2021, 01:16:46 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Fixed 3 sets of non-working mini lights. (there is a 4th set, but it has too many dead bulbs...so might just get thrown into my 'pile of junk lights')

The power went out tonight, and I noticed 2 of my fluorescents that have emergency ballasts no longer work, so looks like I have a light-related project for another day.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1088 on: December 30, 2021, 01:33:41 PM » Author: Econolite03
Drove by John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, CA last night in the rain. The airport terminal is still fully lit by HPS, and the ramps going to and from the passenger drop off area are lined with HPS. Once you go onto the 55 Freeway, you’ll find early examples of LED fixtures, such as early BetaLEDs and early GE Evolves, however they were dim and plagued with wiring problems.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1089 on: December 30, 2021, 02:56:03 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Replaced an emergency ballast in a F96 striplight. Pain in the a-double-s to do. .lol.
Have a F40 that needs one done too. Don't feel like messing with it right now.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1090 on: January 05, 2022, 04:41:50 PM » Author: Rommie
Received a 150W S55 HPS ballast from lights*plus so we lit our Iwasaki EYE S55 lamp. Took a bit of doing, it didn't want to strike at first, but we eventually traced it to a duff connection in the lampholder  >:(

It's a lovely light though, Iwasaki always did make excellent quality lamps. Photos to follow  :hps:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1091 on: January 09, 2022, 07:57:00 PM » Author: Econolite03
Got bored the other night so I lit up my 2008 GE M-400A, because I can.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1092 on: January 10, 2022, 11:34:53 PM » Author: Econolite03
I purchased a NOS Sylvania LU200/ECO off eBay. I only had one HPS lamp of that wattage but I needed one more so I have lamps for both my M-400A and M-250A2. The lamp has the silver metallic coating around the base which I prefer on my bulbs.
 :ledcobra:
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1093 on: January 15, 2022, 10:35:03 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Took a look at my NOS Hubbell Microliter I got a few months ago and fired it up with the lamp it came with.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1094 on: January 16, 2022, 07:28:24 AM » Author: Rommie
Yesterday we took down our 80W MV Gamma 6 (aka 'Gary') and switched the ballast over to a 50W HPS one. Today we'll be reinstating him on his pole in the living room  :hps:  :bulbman:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies