Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 256627 times)
Minoa

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1380 on: July 05, 2023, 11:07:46 AM » Author: Minoa
Today, the 135 watt and 180 watt LPS bulbs arrived.

I have yet to buy two 90 watt bulbs for the planned acquisition of two Philips MA90s (one with the grey gear shoe, and another with internal gear).

I may buy another 135 watt LPS bulb if I can get a REVO Hyperion A.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1381 on: July 05, 2023, 11:37:45 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Took some time to disassemble & thoroughly clean my Dietz Little Wizard Oil Lamp . What a NASTY little lantern !! It cleaned up almost like new !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1382 on: July 06, 2023, 06:45:34 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We'll expect some pictures soon then...  :oil-ltn: :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1383 on: July 06, 2023, 08:01:58 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Comin' up !!  :oil-ltn:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1384 on: July 07, 2023, 07:43:12 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Great!  :oil-ltn:  :love:
I'll have to post one of a mass light up of all the ones I've got  :oil-ltn:  :love: 

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1385 on: July 07, 2023, 05:12:27 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Sounds like Northern Scotland will be experiencing a heat wave soon !  :mrg:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1386 on: July 07, 2023, 05:33:52 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 @ Ria & Sammi :  https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5198&pos=1&pid=231513
                  https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5198&pos=0&pid=231514

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1387 on: July 07, 2023, 06:50:39 PM » Author: Rommie
Sounds like Northern Scotland will be experiencing a heat wave soon !  :mrg:
We just had one over the last week or so for a few days, it got up to 75 outside at one point  :poof:  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1388 on: July 08, 2023, 01:51:40 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 75°f sounds like my kind of heat wave ! It was in the low to mid 90's here last week !

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1389 on: July 08, 2023, 01:59:57 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah the past week was quite hot here. Almost hit 90°F. 75°F sounds like great compared to that.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1390 on: July 08, 2023, 02:17:05 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It's in the mid 60s just now. 8)

Back on topic, Ria made some wrappers for a couple of the lamps we got from Photon at the beginning of April.!  :mvblb: :mv:
We dither so well...  :mrg:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1391 on: July 08, 2023, 03:43:32 PM » Author: Rommie
Yeah, thought it was about time I did it..! We do have the original wrappers but they are in very poor condition so I've made new ones and we'll preserve as much as we can of the old ones.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1392 on: July 08, 2023, 09:34:09 PM » Author: Richmond2000
went to the re-store and picked up NOS GE 2 pin PL 26 watt lamps and a 70 watt HPS lamp all for under a tenner
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1393 on: July 13, 2023, 12:43:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Just bought another oily lampses, this time it's something special.! :oil-ltn:  :love:
A Chalwyn Tropic with a 3" extension to the tank. :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn:  :love:
And I got it for a good price too..! Just over fifty quid including shipping. ;D :oil-ltn:
I've seen that type of lantern going for three times that before shipping.!!!!  :poof:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1394 on: July 14, 2023, 09:41:30 PM » Author: 108CAM
I recently restored a snowball light which fell over due to the pole rusting.
I also cashed in my scrap metal for a record payout and am going to be doing an assortment of lighting related stuff over the next little while.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies