Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249727 times)
Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #450 on: January 18, 2020, 05:21:55 PM » Author: Beta 5
Replaced a single tube 36w T8 fluorescent fitting with a 2x58w T8 weatherpack for increased brightness.

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #451 on: January 18, 2020, 05:25:14 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Replaced a single tube 36w T8 fluorescent fitting with a 2x58w T8 weatherpack for increased brightness.
That'll do it.!  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #452 on: January 18, 2020, 05:26:24 PM » Author: Rommie
Did a discharge test on our Ansell emergency light fitting. I took my eye off the ball so not quite sure exactly how long it ran for, but it was at least 4 to 5 hours.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #453 on: January 18, 2020, 05:27:19 PM » Author: Beta 5
That'll do it.!  :D
Yep its gone from 2850lm (36w Halophosphate lamp) to 10400lm (2x 5200lm Triphosphate 58w tubes) 8)

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #454 on: January 18, 2020, 05:29:44 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Yep its gone from 2850lm (36w Halophosphate lamp) to 10400lm (2x 5200lm Triphosphate 58w tubes) 8)
Wait until we get our multiple SOX lamps lit at nearly 80,000 lm

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #455 on: January 18, 2020, 05:34:55 PM » Author: Beta 5
Wait until we get our multiple SOX lamps lit at nearly 80,000 lm
You can never have too much light  ;D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #456 on: January 18, 2020, 05:41:10 PM » Author: Rommie
You can never have too much light  ;D
Certainly not if it's LPS 8) :a_sox:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #457 on: January 18, 2020, 08:38:40 PM » Author: HPS_250
I opened my disconnected fluorescent wraparound fixture and now I’m waiting for my grounded power cord to arrive so I can wire it up. I also went to a parking lot to take photos of MV wallpacks.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #458 on: January 18, 2020, 10:34:42 PM » Author: HPS_250
Nice street light that you got!

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #459 on: January 19, 2020, 01:00:55 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I received a pair of earlier LED lamps for collection purposes.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #460 on: January 19, 2020, 06:46:55 PM » Author: Rommie
Made a mounting board to put our 140W SLI/H linear sodium lamp on. It's only a temporary solution, so we'll post photos once the job is complete.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #461 on: January 25, 2020, 02:42:25 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I'm posting posting this from a lights meetup...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #462 on: January 27, 2020, 08:43:07 PM » Author: Rommie
Replaced the last (replaceable) LED lamp in one of the cupboards with a CFL. We don't have any incandescents of the right wattage spare, but as soon as we get some, we'll replace that as well.

Also ordered a new 16W 2D fixture to go in the other cupboard where the last remaining LED fixture lurks, its days are numbered, then this place will be an LED-free zone  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:46:48 PM by sox35 » Logged

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #463 on: January 28, 2020, 11:21:47 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
18w fluorescent lamp of a under-cabinet light in my kitchen went eol today. It was German made 835 that had done 5 years of daily use. Replaced it with another similar lamp.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #464 on: January 31, 2020, 05:28:10 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Mounted 2 MES lamp holders on either end of a shelf for the bubble tubes.  8)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:49:52 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies