Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 61159 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV-25s at sunset.

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #510 on: July 03, 2020, 03:38:48 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Sadly your only option are L*Ds. I'll reccomend to you FSL and Great vaule L*D bulbs, have a good quality, and a decent lifespan. I put many halogen bulbs two moths ago, and still not slap from parents.  LOL

L*Ds may look cheap to operate, but when the L*D effects starts to appear in you the doctor will not be cheap. A clear example is the effect of the excessive blue light in your eyes.

We actually have Great Value LED lamps (bought on clearance) and when testing them one was dead out of the box! Angry When I turned it on, it did nothing, but the driver got hotter then even a working one!

Good quality things are awesome. Cheaply made things are not.

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #511 on: July 03, 2020, 03:40:10 PM » Author: sox35
"Great Value" and L*D in the same sentence is the definition of the word oxymoron.

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Love

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #512 on: July 03, 2020, 03:44:21 PM » Author: Binarix128
That's actually quite good, here we are paying around 70 per month.
Thats very good price if you are using A/Cs and electric heaters, but if not, that's a bit expensive. Pleople who use those things here pays about 100 pounds, and pleople who runs small stores with many refrigerators can easily pay about 400 pounds. The KWh here costs about CLP$120

LED will never beat other lamps. Incandescent Lamp High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp
Color changing lamp Creator of CaptureCommons Color changing lamp

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #513 on: July 03, 2020, 03:45:51 PM » Author: Binarix128
"Great Value" and L*D in the same sentence is the definition of the word oxymoron.
I don't know where you live, but L*Ds from that brand here are ok.

LED will never beat other lamps. Incandescent Lamp High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp
Color changing lamp Creator of CaptureCommons Color changing lamp

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #514 on: July 13, 2020, 10:28:52 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Replaced the light in the oven (standard 40w incandescent appliance bulb)

Wired up a couple 0-10v switches in the familyroom.

Its All For The Christmas Lights...
And A Good Summer Thunderstorm!

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE 175w MV

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #515 on: July 13, 2020, 11:53:34 PM » Author: High Intensity
Picked up a few things from a Goodwill, a preheat F15T8 BLB fixture with bulb (used, lamp works), a 3-pack of APP 23w tri-tube CFLs (late 90's to early 2000s, NOS) and a 2-pack of GE flame shape 40w incandescents (late 2000s?, NOS made in the USA).

Old lighting is, and will always be, the best lighting.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #516 on: July 16, 2020, 12:21:41 PM » Author: suzukir122
Installed my 3 in 1 socket splitter (with my 23w GE Self Ballasted Metal Halide Par38's) into my detached garage above my motorcycle.
Took out my Programmed Start 28w GE CFL, and put that into my bedroom ceiling fan for now. The CFL is in my room temporarily.
I really gotta find a good place for that CFL...

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #517 on: July 16, 2020, 12:25:24 PM » Author: sox35
John (thorncollector) visited us this afternoon, and brought lots of goodies, including a 131W SOX-E lamp, which completes our collection of all the SOX ratings  Cool LPS bulb

Photos and more details later on  LPS bulb

Ria in Aberdeen

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #518 on: July 21, 2020, 07:34:33 PM » Author: suzukir122
At my friend's motorcycle garage where I originally kept my bike, he and I replaced an F96T12 HO lamp that burned
out in one of the two High Output fixtures in that garage... the last remaining GE 95w lamp. We replaced it with a cold temp F96T12
110 watt lamp from Sylvania. Since the garage is filled with expensive, heavy motorcycles, it took both of us to replace the lamp.
But now all four HO lamps are 110w. Full mercury?... I don't know.

Funny story:
My friend is unfortunately a "know it all" type of person. As soon as he flipped the switch after the install, he looked for a second and
said, "I don't like how it started." Then I said, "What do you mean?" And then he said, "See how it flickered before it starts?"
Me being the lighting enthusiast I am, I then said, "Bruh that's what it's suppose to do. These are all Rapid Start ballasted fixtures."
Then he pointed to the other HO fixture and turned the lights back off. He then said, "See when I turn these back on, that one fixture
there starts up right when I flip the switch. See? Watch... boom." Not surprisingly, he quickly realized that fixture was doing the
same thing. haha... he gave in and we went back to talking about motorcycles.
He's done this before though, with the previous GE 95w lamp that EOLed. I told him which lamp was burned out, and he immediately assumes I'm
wrong and thinks the opposite lamp burned out, and even explains why.  Tears of joy

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #519 on: July 21, 2020, 08:58:59 PM » Author: joseph_125
My friend is unfortunately a "know it all" type of person. As soon as he flipped the switch after the install, he looked for a second and
said, "I don't like how it started." Then I said, "What do you mean?" And then he said, "See how it flickered before it starts?"
Me being the lighting enthusiast I am, I then said, "Bruh that's what it's suppose to do. These are all Rapid Start ballasted fixtures."
Then he pointed to the other HO fixture and turned the lights back off. He then said, "See when I turn these back on, that one fixture
there starts up right when I flip the switch. See? Watch... boom." Not surprisingly, he quickly realized that fixture was doing the
same thing. haha... he gave in and we went back to talking about motorcycles.
He's done this before though, with the previous GE 95w lamp that EOLed. I told him which lamp was burned out, and he immediately assumes I'm
wrong and thinks the opposite lamp burned out, and even explains why.  Tears of joy

Heh, you should offer him one of those Accupro electronic HO ballasts that'll instant start the lamp. The 8ft HO in my garage used to have one of those ballasts. I swapped it out with a older magnetic Advance.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #520 on: July 21, 2020, 09:17:00 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Joseph_125, to be honest... I'm really thinking about taking BOTH of those HO fixtures. Both. I'm having talks with
my other best friend about getting me some help in terms of purchasing a home. (Her Grandpa is a realtor) ((She just bought
a home with her husband who is also a best friend, and she is already offering her downstairs fluorescent fixtures to me!))
Once I buy a home, my other next step would be to take those HO fixtures in the bike garage, and replace them with other reliable fixtures.
Since the owner of that bike garage is awesome, there is a high chance that I'd be walking out with those HO fixtures. (With his help
of course)
So yeah I don't really want to replace the ballasts in those HO fixtures just yet... because soon they *could* be mine.

Interests:

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #521 on: July 23, 2020, 10:47:29 AM » Author: sox35
Wrapped up some 35W SOX and 250/400W MV lamps we got in a recent haul that came without packaging.

Ria in Aberdeen

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #522 on: July 29, 2020, 02:27:17 PM » Author: sox35
Built up a ballast board for 400W MV lamps  European Ballast Mercury Vapor Lamp

Ria in Aberdeen

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #523 on: July 31, 2020, 10:57:08 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Im working on redoing my grandmas undercabnet lights.

collecting since 2012

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse Lifeguard H38JA-100-DX BT-25!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #524 on: August 01, 2020, 07:31:02 AM » Author: HPS_250
Organized a box of my MV lamps.

I like all kinds of lighting and electrical, except LED.
- Vintage and rare lamp collector
- HID and incandescent lamp collector
Power company: SCE (Southern California Edison) 120V, 60HZ
Incandescent, fluorescent, and HID lamps forever!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines