Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254033 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1320 on: February 04, 2023, 07:03:47 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Took down a bunch of Christmas lights. (still plenty more left to go)
Haven't been able to do much for the past few weekends due to cold weather & snow/ice on the roof.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1321 on: February 05, 2023, 02:11:47 PM » Author: Rommie
Fitted some new 3-way braided flex to our Pointolite control box, as the original was only 2-core (so the metal box was unearthed) and in very poor condition. Next job is to replace the 4-way flex to the lampholder, we'll have a go at that tomorrow.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1322 on: February 05, 2023, 02:14:52 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It's really great being able to work together on the projects we do.  :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1323 on: February 08, 2023, 03:33:12 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
SUCCESS.!!!

We have now completed the rewiring of our Pointolite Control Box.!!!
Last night Ria sussed out how the lamp holder came apart, which was the major stumbling block to getting the job done, and between us we made up the four core flex we needed and completed the job this evening.  ;D :bulbman:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1324 on: February 08, 2023, 04:19:16 PM » Author: Rommie
A very worthwhile project, pictures here  :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1325 on: February 16, 2023, 09:52:48 PM » Author: Lumex120
Got 8 prismatic M57/H39 175w high bay fixtures and an awesome 3 blade 52" Emerson Heat Fan from a church/school that was remodeling. All but one of the highbays are fitted with icky 5000K LED corn cobs, needless to say they'll be restored to their former glory quite easily.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 09:55:09 PM by Lumex120 » Logged

Unofficial LG Discord

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1326 on: February 16, 2023, 10:54:35 PM » Author: joseph_125
Hope they merely disconnected the ballasts in this highbays for a easy conversion back to MV/MH. That style looks pretty nice.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1327 on: February 16, 2023, 11:23:11 PM » Author: Lumex120
Hope they merely disconnected the ballasts in this highbays for a easy conversion back to MV/MH. That style looks pretty nice.
Sure did! I think I'll probably replace the capacitors at some point though just to be safe considering I'm pretty sure they're about 25 years old and the caps are original.

Unofficial LG Discord

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1328 on: March 08, 2023, 12:03:41 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Somewhat-lighting related...
Did some editing on a fluorescent EOL vid.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1329 on: March 08, 2023, 10:00:51 PM » Author: 108CAM
Haven't done much lately due to mental health issues but hope to salvage the lights from the house next to mine as it's getting demolished soon.
I'm fairly sure there's a T9 Circline fixture in the kitchen and I'd really love to save it because I only have one circline fixture in my collection and would love to have another one.
There's also an old T12 fixture in the garage and multiple exterior lights that I'm very interested in.
I'll also salvage all the light bulbs that are in fixtures that don't take my interest. Pretty sure that there's some older incandescents and CFLs hidden in the enclosed fixtures.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1330 on: March 11, 2023, 06:38:48 PM » Author: 108CAM
Recently I've started recovering from my mental health issues and have been given the green light to save the lights from a house that will be getting demolished. I also have the honour of creating the 5000th album on Lighting Gallery!

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

1925-2002

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1331 on: March 13, 2023, 12:30:56 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Fried a couple EOL fluorescents with a F32 IS ballast (& videoed them). .lol.
Edited a video from a previous fry-session.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1332 on: March 13, 2023, 12:31:11 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: 108CAM
Recently I've started recovering from my mental health issues and have been given the green light to save the lights from a house that will be getting demolished.
In both cases, good to hear!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1333 on: March 13, 2023, 12:49:12 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
So a few days ago I dug out my two-lamp F8T5 undercabinet light which was a pile of parts.

Today, I cleaned it up and reassembled it, and tested a few lamps with it. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out where one of the starter holders went so I had to put in a replacement which isn't the correct type. It's only temporary until I can find out where it went or get a new one.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1334 on: March 17, 2023, 04:41:54 AM » Author: 108CAM
The past week has been both awesome and crazy for me!
After recovering from some mental health issues, my lighting interest has come back in the most spectacular way posibile.

The house next door to mine is getting demolished very soon and I got permission to salvage lights to my heart's content. I carried out the salvage on March 16 and got lots of goodies. Click here to see some photos of what I got.

Later that day, I checked my messages and found a reply for some lights I had asked about saving a few weeks ago. The reply had perhaps the best statement that any lighting enthusiast would want to read: Yes, you can have the lights. I then arranged pickup and on the next day, March 17, me and my mum went to pick up the lights. I ended up saving 13 Sylvania B2224's which were in the car park of a Jehovah's Witness Hall that was getting modernised and brought up to current building codes. Click here for a photo of the haul.

1925-2002

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies