Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249668 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #90 on: November 22, 2017, 12:21:55 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
^That's quite a fixture..and that ballast is quite well fried :o
Wouldn't have wanted to be around when that thing went out...burnt ballast is nasty smelling stuff.

------------
For me today, same thing as yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that, and...
Put up some Xmas lights, & did some sequencing/programming for the lights.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #91 on: November 22, 2017, 08:55:42 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today I painted the fixture.  All done.   
Also converted another wall pack over to 150 HPS from 175W MH.  Just 1 more wall pack to go. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #92 on: November 22, 2017, 11:10:26 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Today I painted the fixture.  All done.   
Also converted another wall pack over to 150 HPS from 175W MH.  Just 1 more wall pack to go. 

I mean i like HPS don't get me wrong... but considering the rest of the world likes color rendering why are you converting MH to HPS?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #93 on: November 23, 2017, 08:55:36 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
After 15 years, the MH ballasts were fried for the most part and I was tired of the MH bulbs having to be replaced once a year.  This building is in a residential area and has brown brick so it actually looks better with the HPS color vs MH. 

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #94 on: November 23, 2017, 09:22:50 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
11w PL lamp in my cooker hood went eol today. It had done some good hours since I usually left it on over night. Gives enought light for me to wander to toilet in night time. Replaced it with 840 colour Osram.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #95 on: November 24, 2017, 12:38:52 PM » Author: Beta 5
Today I started making another 22w Circline fixture, with a magnetic ballast.

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #96 on: November 24, 2017, 06:08:53 PM » Author: Lodge
Not directly lighting related, but I was out back of a building having a coffee and something went really wrong in the building behind us and the pole mounted transformers explosive high voltage fuses decided is was time to blow, I've always heard they are loud when they go, I didn't realize just how loud they are and the bright flash of light and a huge puff of brown smoke, and a dark building.. 
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #97 on: November 24, 2017, 08:00:46 PM » Author: sol
Yes, like a gunshot. I've had it happen here once but I didn't see it happen. It was my neigbour's transformer but it blew the one at the street as well so I lost power. There is a small feeder going up here as I live about 250 feet from the street and there are two houses behind mine. In any case, it's a noise you don't readily forget...
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #98 on: November 24, 2017, 08:09:18 PM » Author: wattMaster
Today, I installed a new "fixture" (ceramic lampholder with junction box) in my grandma's basement to give her more light.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #99 on: November 24, 2017, 08:53:21 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Built a new light http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-139598

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #100 on: November 28, 2017, 01:01:20 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today, I replaced 1 26 Watt CFL Ballast and 1 32 watt CFL ballast.  Both electronic and both about.. 11 years old.

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #101 on: November 28, 2017, 04:37:05 PM » Author: Beta 5
Not today but on Sunday I finished the 22w Circline fixture I previously mentioned.
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3448&pos=0&pid=139696

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #102 on: November 29, 2017, 12:53:59 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today I replaced another bad 26W CFL ballast.  Well actually, I pulled the ballast and CFL tubes out and replaced it all with a standard socket and screwed in a 52 watt Sylvania incandescent bulb :)

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #103 on: December 02, 2017, 05:52:31 PM » Author: CEB1993
I installed a Lutron dimmer for my parents to control the can lights in the kitchen.  We used to have two of the three BR30 bulbs loosened because it was too bright with all three 45 watt lights on at the same time.  Now we can run all three lights and adjust the brightness.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #104 on: December 02, 2017, 07:22:21 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well it will be today, because it's past midnight.

The plan is to go through the books I have and put a lot of them to go to a charity shop and start putting the lamps on the shelves instead.  8) :a_sbmv: :a_mh: :a_son-t: :a_son-e: :a_sox: :a_inc:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies