Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 7254 times)
Beta 5

View Gallery

^Siemens 35v 40w GLS lamp

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #150 on: February 24, 2018, 03:45:38 PM » Author: Beta 5
Lit up some 65w T12's, and some 36w T8's.  Fluorescent Lamp

Thorn Beta 5 35W SOX 1965 - 2008. Top entry/Side entry

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #151 on: February 24, 2018, 07:24:07 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I have received the westinghouse lifeguard! and it is in one piece, I've lit it up and all that, will be sure to post pics soon... got other stuff I did today.. processing images and posting to Facebook and here.. so will be a bit probably... I've saved a nice portable 400W HPS ballast from another junkyard... It has a toasted ballast in it... but I'm probably going to convert it to metal halide... ALso got a bunch of other lamp partz.... GOod day... also discovered three more abandoned structures.... nothing much lighting related of interest but I just have a good sized list of buildings to mess around in...

That lifeguard is brighter than a brand new sylvania chinese which I also have... Not sure if thats quality or perception.... I will be sure to get it up in the security light, I'm just going to wait for a day when I can come home from school and not have them be homee, So i can avoid questions, cause they'd be likely to say no just because they don't understand. and I done feel like explaining myself either.

--Owen

High Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps (Duh lol) Cool High Pressure Sodium

High Pressure Sodium Sodium lighting is king!

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #152 on: February 25, 2018, 02:47:11 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Got the bulb up there earlier than expected.

--Owen

High Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps (Duh lol) Cool High Pressure Sodium

RyanF40T12

View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #153 on: February 25, 2018, 04:58:12 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
had one of the electrical phase lines go out to one of my church buildings, it was flickering/arcing out in the street box and causing all kinds of havoc inside the building.  Blew out a HVAC blower motor, and also 1 circuit of fluorescent lighting fixtures in the gym.  None of the breakers tripped. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #154 on: February 25, 2018, 05:06:45 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
had one of the electrical phase lines go out to one of my church buildings, it was flickering/arcing out in the street box and causing all kinds of havoc inside the building.  Blew out a HVAC blower motor, and also 1 circuit of fluorescent lighting fixtures in the gym.  None of the breakers tripped. 
lol sounds like chaos.

--Owen

F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Alex

https://www.facebook.com/ DJ_Unrealeased UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w Jack_u_aliens
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #155 on: February 26, 2018, 02:59:21 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
1. I unfortunately installed 15 LED streetlight replacing a 150W HPS

But I sneaked 2 fixtures hopefully they won't notice But I got good money out of it

2. Relating to the first one a bit one guy did not like his LED yard light so I changed it to HPS

Fluorescent Lamp T12/T17 Fluorescent Lamp
Snapchat: EvanT12/Dj I.D. I can conduct 120VAC
High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium
etta er Mackenzie GF F96 g elska lsingu og mun skjta upp LG sem Kenzie/Basically saying she will pop up as Kenzie
Check out my YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram

xmaslightguy

View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #156 on: February 26, 2018, 10:53:38 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
At home I have a 2xF96 light that's got one of those emergency/backup ballasts (lights 1 of the lamps)... the thing has been buzzing, part time (randomly for parts of days, sometimes would go for a week being quiet) for months now. The past few days its gotten worse (allot more & louder - think like a very annoying loud old fluorescent ballast, but ofcourse the light is off). I finally had enough and disconnected the (...) thing .lol. now there's a fixture with no lamps & a missing channel cover (where it is you can't see it unless you look for it, so) its gonna stay that way til I feel like dealing with it...

Colored Fluorescent's such as F40T12 Red or  Green or Blue are awesome...

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #157 on: February 27, 2018, 12:11:57 PM » Author: CEB1993
Over the weekend, I transferred my permanent collection of incandescent light bulbs to a larger box, so that I will have room for a 4-pack of 55 watt GE Miser's I have on the way in the mail this week.  I'll keep my general use incandescents in smaller and easy to access boxes, and I might end up sorting them by brand, wattage, etc.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #158 on: March 03, 2018, 09:10:04 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Found some neat stuff... will post in gallery later.. will need help identifying things...

--Owen

RyanF40T12

View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #159 on: March 05, 2018, 11:31:17 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
not today but back on Saturday.  I picked me up some stuff at my Home Depot clearance section

Roi_hartmann

View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #160 on: March 13, 2018, 02:35:06 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I replaced eol F40T12 in my home office. New one is also Narva 640 as was the previous one. Captured some new-lamp-snaking.

www.whitenightcape.com/kuv/newlamp.mp4

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

ATL sammi.grayjones@gmail.com
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #161 on: March 20, 2018, 01:15:22 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
We have lit the 80W HQL-B Deluxe lamp that we got from Michael in Switzerland.   Cool

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

LED lighting has its place in the home or other indoor uses, but outdoors in street lights is in my opinion not one of them.

MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

ATL missriaelaine
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #162 on: March 20, 2018, 01:49:11 PM » Author: MissRiaElaine
We have lit the 80W HQL-B Deluxe lamp that we got from Michael in Switzerland.   Cool
Yes, it's our lamp of the day, here it is lit Mercury Vapor Lamp

Ria in Aberdeen

I don't disapprove of LED's for domestic and other indoor use, I just don't like them for street lighting.

RyanF40T12

View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #163 on: March 28, 2018, 08:07:15 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today at a church building I took down 3 1984 vintage single lamp fixtures (F40T12 that were converted to F32T8 6 or 7 years ago) and replaced them with 2 F32T8 Lithonia fixtures.  The lens/difusers are no longer made for the single lamp fixtures and 2 of them were broken.  Going to keep the old fixtures and re-ballast with single F40T12 again and install them somewhere, maybe in a closet at one of the church buildings.  I have a lot of the 1 tube ballasts. 

What I installed:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia-Lighting-4-ft-4-Light-Fluorescent-Wraparound-Lens-Ceiling-Fixture-LB-4-32-120-1-4-GESB/100192555

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #164 on: April 18, 2018, 10:41:32 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I have some goodies coming up in the gallery... Right now I am too tired to load up GIMP and combine images so I'm not gonna post them up yet... Tomorrow might be a no go too depending on how much of my English essay I must finish... But... Just know... I have some cool stuff I want to share (least I think they're cool) ... I might need some help Identifying things aswell...

--Owen

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines