Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249878 times)
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #300 on: May 12, 2019, 07:13:40 PM » Author: High Intensity
Yesterday, i picked up nearly 40+ F40t12s, most of them being GE Watt-Misers.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #301 on: May 22, 2019, 06:30:16 PM » Author: High Intensity
Got a bunch of fluorescent fixtures (mostly newer ones) and will likely be getting more within the next 2 weeks.
Well, the "2 weeks" (more like 11 days) are up and now i need to sort through everything and post photos (which may take a while due to how many things i've found).

And for context, every year (between late April and mid to late May) one of the cities near me does a curb side garbage pickup where residents can toss out mostly anything except for toxic waste (Paint, Cleaning chemicals, Fluorescent lamps, etc), but it does not stop people from tossing those out (especially the third one i mentioned). This lasts about 4 weeks but i missed the first 2 weeks but i've found over double what i've found last year.
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #302 on: May 23, 2019, 06:23:16 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today I upgraded a fixture by removing the F32T8 single lamp Sylvania Quicktronic .21 amp instant start ballast and replaced it with a Sylvania Quicktronic .26 amp Programmed Start ballast.    This fixture is in a cleaning supply closet that gets a lot of on/off cycles so this will help extend the lamp light and be slightly brighter. 

I also picked up from the ReStore a very cool looking desk lamp.  This is a 13 watt CFL/PL tube which is quite nifty.  Will post more about it later. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #303 on: May 25, 2019, 01:16:04 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@RyanF40T12:
Looks like a nice desklamp.

--------------
For me today...
I'm posting this while at a lights meetup.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #304 on: May 30, 2019, 11:57:01 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
18w Fluorescent lamp in my hallway went eol today and I replaced it. I also got bunch of 70's 2x40w shoplights today and should tested out. The guy who had replaced the fixtures warned that some has probably partially shorted ballast as certain lamps wont last long and that was the reason to replace them all. I should figure out a way to test which ballast needs replacing.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #305 on: June 29, 2019, 06:26:09 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just received my FOURTH Sadelite desk lamp in the mail today. This one, like the third one I just received days ago (and have yet
to post) is also a newer one. The lamps with this newer Sadelite desk lamp are used up a little more. I took those lamps out of
that desk lamp and installed it into the other newer one that I received days ago. That one has a HPF magnetic ballast for PL-L 40watt
lamps, installed by me. So I now have 3 Sadelite desk lamps with the same brand HPF magnetic ballasts.
I still have yet to post a pic of what those ballasts look like on LG. I have posted the Ebay posting version of it a while back though:
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-137401

Gotta keep an eye on one of those bulbs I got with this fourth desk lamp... that bulb is close to EOL. EOL should be pretty entertaining
on the magnetic ballast. Maybe.... we shall see I guess.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #306 on: July 02, 2019, 01:44:19 PM » Author: Lumex120
Not today but yesterday, I requested a price quote for an American Electric 115 in the configuration 115 07M XN MT1 R3 DG EF SS PL from Graybar. I talked to a rep and they said it might take a while to go through since it's a custom option they don't have in stock at the warehouse. If the total ends up being within my price range ($250) I'll be ordering that option.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #307 on: July 04, 2019, 06:15:10 PM » Author: suzukir122
Sad day today... got rid of all 7 of my F15T12 desk lamps. Took out all of my HPF Trigger Start ballasts I had
in them... didn't have to worry about taking out the lamps though, since I had already done that months ago.
I've still got the ballasts and lamps, but the lamps have got to go as well. I don't want to throw
those lamps away.
I'm moving out of this apartment in 3 months, so things have got to go.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #308 on: July 05, 2019, 12:30:15 AM » Author: Cole D.
Not today but yesterday, I requested a price quote for an American Electric 115 in the configuration 115 07M XN MT1 R3 DG EF SS PL from Graybar. I talked to a rep and they said it might take a while to go through since it's a custom option they don't have in stock at the warehouse. If the total ends up being within my price range ($250) I'll be ordering that option.

70W MH sounds really cool! I wouldn't mind having one of those, but it'd be hard decision between drop lens or flat.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #309 on: July 08, 2019, 12:24:47 AM » Author: Lumex120
70W MH sounds really cool! I wouldn't mind having one of those, but it'd be hard decision between drop lens or flat.
Yeah I had a hard time deciding between the refractor or FCO version... eventually I just settled on the normal drop lens because I like how they look with metal halide lamps. Either way it's been a while now and so I might call them back soon to find out if there's any new news.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #310 on: July 17, 2019, 07:18:27 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just bought one 3k PL-L Philips 18w lamp from Ebay, and also four 3k Sylvania ECO PL-L 18w lamps as well. The other 3 of those
Sylvania lamps will be used as replacement lamps. I'm taking my fourth Sadelite desk lamp I recently purchased, and installing
2 HPF Rapid Start ballasts rated for PL-L 18w bulbs, into the desk lamp. Should be easy... and my bedroom will be even more over lit
than it already is. Added to that, I also purchased a 13w Ott-Lite Swivel Base Crafts & Sewing Folding Desk Lamp. That lamp *should*
be preheat. I'm going to replace the bulb with a 7w PL lamp I just recently purchased, and ultimately, my room will now be lit
with 9 fluorescent PL lamps total. Sounds extreme, I know... but as a lighting enthusiast, this is just me doing my thang!
If that Ott-Lite is not Preheat... that'd suck. There is that chance, but not very likely. Looked preheat to me.

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #311 on: July 19, 2019, 03:24:09 PM » Author: CEB1993
I went to Walmart and got some Sylvania glass LEDs and some 250 watt Sylvania 3-ways for my grandmother's house.  I also fixed two lamps at her house, one needed a new 3-way switch and the other needed a push on/off switch.  With the four new LEDs in an overhead ceiling fan light it's much brighter and far more energy efficient.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #312 on: August 03, 2019, 11:19:11 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Today I changed the capacitor in my 1000w  wide-lite as the light output was much lower and rather green. Both ends of the old one are swollen up like a balloon !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #313 on: August 25, 2019, 03:02:04 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Replaced a bunch of .50 amp F32T8 Universal Triad ballasts that are on their way out with Osram/Sylvania F32T8 .41amp.  (These are in rooms where the fixtures are on normal height ceilings so don't need to be too bright)

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #314 on: August 25, 2019, 12:20:43 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not today, but last light-related thing I did was wire up a pair of 2x F14T5 fixtures ( these ) & put them in use on   a fishtank.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies