Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254999 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #405 on: November 26, 2019, 07:21:53 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Replaced some 16 watt 2Ds on our coffee shop this morning, and repaired a dead twin batten in our lifeshine bay  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Edmund Ironside

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #406 on: November 26, 2019, 02:56:26 PM » Author: Edmund Ironside
Sold a whole bunch of lamps.
Mostly LED's but also hade a customer buy a couple of halogen candle lamps (last in our stock!). No flourescents today, but a lot of E10 candelabra lamps as Christmas is coming.

Made in Sweden

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #407 on: November 26, 2019, 03:03:56 PM » Author: Rommie
Tried to fire up the project box we built to switch an ignitor in and out of circuit so the same lampholder could be used for MV and HPS/MH lamps.

Sadly when we first tried it without a lamp in, to see if the ignitor could be heard pulsing, the breaker feeding the power sockets tripped..! Tried again on a circuit fed from another breaker, same result  :-\

Took box to bits and checked wiring, everything seemed in order, but on reassembly, trip..!

Finally tried another ignitor (always good to have spares..!), and problem went away, trouble is this ignitor is a tight fit in the project box, so may have to rethink in the long term, but it's working for now  :)

First lamp to be tried out is our 250W MA/V lamp, trying it cap down as James thinks it will be ok and it's more convenient than trying to set up a lampholder in the cap up position. Photos to follow  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #408 on: November 27, 2019, 09:28:56 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
First lamp to be tried out is our 250W MA/V lamp, trying it cap down as James thinks it will be ok and it's more convenient than trying to set up a lampholder in the cap up position. Photos to follow  8)
As promised here is a link to the photo of the lit lamp.  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #409 on: November 28, 2019, 08:53:47 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We got a couple of Pickwick candle lamps with external frosting in the post today. Ria will be posting pics later today.  8)

EDIT:
Here is a picture of the lamps and their packaging.  :)

For 'Lamp of the Day' here it's lit at less than half voltage.  8)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 12:06:52 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #410 on: November 28, 2019, 04:56:05 PM » Author: High Intensity
Saved 2 400w HPS shoeboxes and about 40 or so F32T8's from a church that was going LED.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #411 on: November 28, 2019, 05:19:01 PM » Author: High Intensity
Gardco's?
No, Lithonia's, though i do have 2 Gardco SOX shoeboxes.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #412 on: November 29, 2019, 12:25:48 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Something had went wrong with one of the the Raspberry Pi's I use for controlling lights...
Between messing with it, and ultimately setting up another to take its place, I wasted multiple hours both today & yesterday.

--
At this point I can't finish putting up lights outside because we got around 12" snow between monday-night/tuesday...but atleast what's up is turn-on-able now.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #413 on: November 29, 2019, 03:45:20 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We got a delivery from Parcel Force today of three 26W SOX-E lamps that are going to be used as spares for our Gamma 6 lantern.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #414 on: December 09, 2019, 08:50:01 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Took delivery of 4 NEMA dummy links to replace photocells, some porcelain BC lamp holders, and 2 lovely blue lamps  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #415 on: December 10, 2019, 12:27:32 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday..
Put up some Christmas lights (shoulda been done before Thanksgiving, but we got a foot of snow mon-night that week (& it was cold the rest of the week), so had to wait for it to warm up & the snow to mostly melt). Also had to six a few sets of mini lights - you know the old "one light goes out, they all go out" thing. And I discovered that one set developed a short :o somewhere in it...that took some detective work & replacing multiple blown fuses to even find which set it was (9 sets connected end-to end, #8 was the bad one, & fuses on multiple sets in the line were blown). I got it back to the the point where sets 1 through 7 are working (by that time it was dark out), then gave up when the freezing wind of a coldfront coming through started up. (it was dinnertime anyway.)

I'm not even going to bother fixing the bad set, just put another set ontop of it & leave it there...it can spend the rest of the season outside unplugged with the fuse door opened .LOL. then when everything comes down it gets labeled & goes to the 'junk lights' pile.

---------
Today..
Put up  4 trees & strung lights in them.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #416 on: December 10, 2019, 07:37:17 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Also had to six a few sets of mini lights - you know the old "one light goes out, they all go out" thing. And I discovered that one set developed a short :o somewhere in it...that took some detective work & replacing multiple blown fuses to even find which set it was (9 sets connected end-to end, #8 was the bad one, & fuses on multiple sets in the line were blown). I got it back to the the point where sets 1 through 7 are working (by that time it was dark out), then gave up when the freezing wind of a coldfront coming through started up. (it was dinnertime anyway.)
I think you mean fix :D I find those sets annoying, as it's always a bulb at the end furthest from where you start that's blown!!  ???
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 07:44:17 AM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #417 on: December 10, 2019, 11:05:15 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We got out our workmate, and clamped Julia our Beta 79 to it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 12:25:21 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #418 on: December 10, 2019, 10:54:19 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Won bid on 50 NIB Precision Multiple-Lumatrol 105-130v twist lock photo controls for 20.00 dollars plus ship.

A very good day.

Awesome!
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #419 on: December 11, 2019, 12:14:28 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Mandolin Girl
I think you mean fix :D I find those sets annoying, as it's always a bulb at the end furthest from where you start that's blown!!  ???
Yep I did mean 'fix' .lol. even though I think there was atleast 6 issues needing fixed (didn't get 'em all, been too cold the last 2 evenings for me to feel like going stumbling around on the roof in the dark to do the rest..)

I have ways to not have to go through checking every bulb :) (essentially jumpering over segments of the set)
And depending what type of lights/where its located, sometimes I'll just grab a spare set & put it over the non-working one .lol. much easier/quicker.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies