Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249718 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #840 on: February 07, 2021, 02:03:38 PM » Author: Bulbman256
We've found him!  ;D And he's running in the correct gear just now,  :love:

Glad to hear it! Can we get a reunion photo? 8) ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #841 on: February 07, 2021, 02:05:37 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Today i got my ballast test vidoe up on yt and ran my 100w ge lamp again 8) :mv:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #842 on: February 07, 2021, 02:05:41 PM » Author: Rommie
Glad to hear it! Can we get a reunion photo? 8) ;D
Sure, give us half an hour or so  :hps:

Edit - Here you go  :hps:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 02:25:41 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #843 on: February 07, 2021, 02:46:31 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday evening/night..
before putting away a fair number of strings of Christmas lights, all were checked over for dead 'bulbs'.. replaced just 5 or 6 dead LEDs total.
One string got set aside for later (a defective LED somewhere so half the string is out) didn't feel like trying to find the problem.
Two strings got thrown in the 'pile of junk lights'.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #844 on: February 07, 2021, 09:53:08 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Today..
More Christmas light strings checked out & bulbs replaced before putting away.
This time a total of 31 dead incandescent mini bulbs replaced..

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #845 on: February 19, 2021, 12:56:37 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Had a "New Concept" 13w PL-C lamp go EOL on me today, I removed it and will get a new lamp very soon.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #846 on: February 19, 2021, 02:22:51 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Had a "New Concept" 13w PL-C lamp go EOL on me today, I removed it and will get a new lamp very soon.

Does this PL-C lamp have a G24 base or a GX23 base?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #847 on: February 19, 2021, 02:25:51 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
GX23 base
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #848 on: February 19, 2021, 03:03:06 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
GX23 base

From what I understand, the GX23 13w PL-S and PL-C lamps can run on a 120v choke while the G24 2 Pin 13w PL-C lamps need 220-240v chokes or 120v autotransformer ballasts.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #849 on: February 19, 2021, 11:43:24 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Went to Lowes and got a GE 13w Biax SPX27 (Hungary, "Made for GE Lighting") two-pin twin-tube lamp and a GE F17T8/SP35 (USA) lamp. The Biax was tested, dated, and installed to replace the "New Concept" 13w PL-C that went EOL. The F17T8/SP35 is a spare for the main fluorescent light in my room. Haven't tested it yet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 02:10:35 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #850 on: February 20, 2021, 04:44:35 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I'm going to meet Eric (@BT25) to pick up some vintage MV bulbs tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 04:48:12 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #851 on: February 20, 2021, 05:48:57 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I'm going to meet Eric (@BT25) to pick up some vintage MV bulbs tomorrow.
That's cool! I wish I had members close enough to meet up with.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #852 on: February 20, 2021, 06:02:14 PM » Author: Bulbman256
That's cool! I wish I had members close enough to meet up with.

Same. :'(

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #853 on: February 20, 2021, 06:04:02 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Same. :'(

I believe MTSL lives in Kansas City, MO, USA just like you do. You can meet up with him sometime.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #854 on: February 20, 2021, 06:21:17 PM » Author: Rommie
We've met up with members Andy and Danny, and also John (thorncollector) but that was when we were travelling, there is no-one close enough to us to visit on a regular basis, not that we're "allowed" to (grrr) at the moment  :-\

When we are able to get over to the US, I think we'll be there for about 6 months if we visit everyone, the list is growing ever longer and stretches from coast to coast in the US alone, not to mention Canada  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies