Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249601 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #960 on: August 24, 2021, 12:31:01 PM » Author: Rommie
Ah, well to me something that makes light is a lamp, I generally reserve the word 'bulb' for incandescents, when they are bulb shaped, of course..! A fluorescent lamp is a tube, and everything else is usually just a lamp, i.e. mercury lamp, sodium lamp, etc.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #961 on: September 02, 2021, 04:35:25 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Part of one of the light strings in my room fell down, so i had to take one set down and have to fix the command hook later. :sadbulb:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #962 on: September 02, 2021, 09:31:22 PM » Author: Bulbman256
All fixed and ack to normal now. :D

Olav
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #963 on: September 03, 2021, 04:56:57 PM » Author: Olav
Today came a big letter from the USA.
The content is a book: Discharge Lamps, written by Chr. Meyer and H. Nienhuis (Philips Technical Library), 1989.
The chapters on mv lamps are particularly interesting for me. So I can also learn new vocabulary for the correct terms in English.

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #964 on: September 03, 2021, 05:04:46 PM » Author: Rommie
@ Olav Is this the same one I ordered..? It looks a little smaller than I thought..? Mine seems to have taken a detour to Copenhagen, according to the tracking, why it went there I have no idea  ???

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Olav
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #965 on: September 03, 2021, 05:47:34 PM » Author: Olav
Hello Ria,

you have ordered:

GAS DISCHARGE LAMPS; PRINCIPLES, CHARACTERISTICS, APPLICATIONS by J. Funke and P.J. Oranje, 1951

The next step could be:

- HIGH PRESSURE MERCURY VAPOUR LAMPS AND THEYR APPLICATIONS by W. Elenbaas, 1965
- DISCHARGE LAMPS by Chr. Meyer and H. Nienhuis, 1989

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #966 on: September 05, 2021, 11:41:17 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Rescued a M400  8) :mvcobra:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #967 on: September 16, 2021, 07:36:04 PM » Author: Econolite03
Swung by the one and only Anaheim ReStore to see their lighting selection. They had box loads of generic LED floods, some OptoLight r20 LEDs, a Sylvania halogen par30, a two pack of 2000s GE 3-way incandescents, and a boxload of new GE ecolux fluorescent tubes and Sylvania supersavers, both looked like T12s but not sure. Didn’t pick up anything as I wasn’t interested.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 07:38:33 PM by Econolite03 » Logged
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #968 on: September 20, 2021, 10:36:56 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well today, I had to empty the cupboard where we keep our street lights, well three of them, as an engineer had to come and carry out the annual inspection of our gas boiler.

Then it was the fun task of putting them back in.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #969 on: September 20, 2021, 07:36:08 PM » Author: thelightingman
I saved an AEL ATB0 that had fallen that suprisingly still works. It's actually pretty bright too. I know, I know, it's LED  ::) But I thought it would be cool to have at least 1 LED streetlight.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #970 on: September 21, 2021, 06:01:24 PM » Author: Rommie
Built a little board with a ballast lamp on it to run our 4ft Philips TL-X tube. Photos later..!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #971 on: September 21, 2021, 06:03:07 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I love watching Ria work on the lamp boards, and I help when I can. :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #972 on: September 21, 2021, 10:51:17 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Removed a 500w floodlight from the back of the house this evening (a 1xF32 fluorescent was also removed on the weekend.)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #973 on: September 21, 2021, 11:49:41 PM » Author: joseph_125
This was more yesterday but I cleaned all the rust off my AEL NEMA's ballast and revarnished it.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #974 on: September 22, 2021, 12:15:14 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Tried using a blank CD-R to split MV light, it needs a lot of work but i can make the setup a bit more visible tomorrow if i do some thinking. :wndr:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies