Author Topic: Worst LED Fixtures  (Read 15431 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #45 on: June 13, 2021, 12:32:44 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I've changed my opinion on the Verdeon. I really don't mind how ugly it is; in fact, I don't think it's ugly at all! As for performance, they really don't seem that bad. The Navion is far worse as far as performance goes. They color shift and they die prematurely. One (and pretty much the only) downside of the Verdeon is the glare. In my opinion, it's performance, not looks, that determine whether a fixture is good or bad.

I agree with you. One thing I wish they would do is to change the position of the PC socket though. Looks a bit weird with it over the LEDs, but it's what makes it unique I guess.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #46 on: December 29, 2021, 09:09:07 PM » Author: Burrito
"What's the worst LED fixture you have seen?"

So far, all of them!  I was watching the news, and they had a story about how LED streetlights are bad for people because of the color temperature and how many people are advocating against them now, many of them being MDs and DOs, because of how they affect people's sleep.  Some cities have started ordering LED fixtures with 3000 & 3500K color temperatures instead of the between 4-6000K color temps that have been seen going up. My PCP prefers HPS luminaires due to the warm hues.  I asked him what he says when people ask about the terrible CRI, and he said that if you want to see things for their color, wait for daylight, but streetlights are designed to light the street and if they do that, and do not affect the sleep patterns of his patients, then they are doing their job.  He thinks LEDs are just someone's political game
Me too there just energy guzzlers and are a big political game!

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #47 on: July 13, 2022, 10:29:52 AM » Author: HIDLad001
they are horribly glarey and seem to have that sickening effect that the other ones they use here don't. Plus I have seen more failures of these than other ones.

Here in NC, they have been turning purple.

HID Fixtures should stay HID!
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #48 on: July 13, 2022, 04:02:06 PM » Author: Molly
Leotek E-Cobra and GreenCobra

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #49 on: July 16, 2022, 05:51:45 AM » Author: Econolite03
• Toshiba TGT. Hideous fixtures.

• Leotek E-Cobra. How have they not discontinued it yet?

• Let’s throw in Greenstar “Avenger” ooooh so scary man you better watch out it’s come to bargain. Yeah.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #50 on: July 16, 2022, 10:28:51 AM » Author: Burrito
Cree roadway fixtures(except for the LEDway), Cooper Verdeon, Ge Devlove(except for the R150) eBay and Amazon specials.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #51 on: July 17, 2022, 12:34:19 PM » Author: Molly
Cree RSW and CreeLEDway are only the good Cree fixtures in my opinion.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #52 on: July 22, 2022, 03:56:24 AM » Author: 108CAM
I hate all the cheap no-name excuses for a so called "street light" that you can get on eBay and other online shopping sites.
The addition of a non replaceable photocell, IR sensor, solar charging and increasingly, remote control functionality only adds to the list of potential failure points which can't be repaired and then the whole light is  :eoled: and just adds to the already chaotic E-Waste crisis.

As I was typing this, I kept laughing at the fact my mum & sister were out shopping for a new light for supposedly reducing the amount of shadows when my sister needs to take photos of her art work. I already know the light will likely go  :eoled: fairly quickly and I'll have salvaged the cable and any metal parts for scrap.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 04:02:00 AM by 108CAM » Logged

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies