Author Topic: Worst LED Fixtures  (Read 15417 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #30 on: November 22, 2020, 01:06:06 PM » Author: Cole D.
Why in the hell did they put them in crooked like that ? Who ever converted these could have at least made sure that wires weren't sticking out of the fixture !   :curse:

That do look stupid. I mean, I'm glad they didn't throw away those Powr/Brackets, but still, they could have done a cleaner job.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #31 on: December 04, 2020, 04:32:32 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
American Electric Lighting: Autobahn Medium
General Electric Current: Evolve Roadway Luminaire Size H
Cooper Lighting Industries: Navion
Cree Lighting: LEDway Series
Leotek Electronics: E-Cobra Head
Signify/Philips/Lumec: RX Series
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 12:09:39 AM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #32 on: December 04, 2020, 04:35:05 PM » Author: HPS_250
The worst LED fixture, by far, is the Leotek E-Cobra. They dim out extremely fast, are often defective from the start, and rarely last a year before going EOL.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #33 on: December 05, 2020, 11:25:39 AM » Author: Bulbman256
There are some streetlights near my house that are utter glare bombs at night, hoping the hps nearer to my house are not replaced. :sadbulb:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #34 on: December 05, 2020, 12:52:25 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
There are some streetlights near my house that are utter glare bombs at night, hoping the hps nearer to my house are not replaced. :sadbulb:
That's what we were hoping, then one morning Ria looked out of the kitchen window and saw that our lovely HPS post tops had been snatched away in the middle of the night.! :'( :'(
They must have come along at the crack of sparrowfart, because we never hear a thing.!! >:( >:( :curse:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 12:54:07 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #35 on: December 05, 2020, 01:24:14 PM » Author: Binarix128
When they installed the new LED streetlights here a lot of light scapes to the sides due to the poor optics, with HPS not much light entered to my window but the little that entered was pretty relaxing. At least now with the LED is not too terrible, because they are far from my window and the house is very tall, so not much light entered. I've went to houses where the stupid LEDs are blasting all over the window.  @-@ :poof:
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #36 on: December 05, 2020, 03:52:01 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
That's what we were hoping, then one morning Ria looked out of the kitchen window and saw that our lovely HPS post tops had been snatched away in the middle of the night.! :'( :'(
They must have come along at the crack of sparrowfart, because we never hear a thing.!! >:( >:( :curse:
Were they lighting up the street or did you own them?

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #37 on: December 05, 2020, 04:11:52 PM » Author: HPS_250

Not good to hear!  :'( That sucks if they were lighting the street and were replaced, but if you owned them, then someone stole them!  :o

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #38 on: December 05, 2020, 05:20:54 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
They were on a small lane at the back of the block of flats where we live. We knew that eventually they would be changed out, but we had hoped that we would be there to see them do it and then be able to save one.  :'(
We just thought of them as our lanterns, as one shone into the kitchen. We've now got a blind up to block out the you-know-what.  :curse:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 05:23:05 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #39 on: December 05, 2020, 05:27:55 PM » Author: HPS_250
They were on a small lane at the back of the block of flats where we live. We knew that eventually they would be changed out, but we had hoped that we would be there to see them do it and then be able to save one.  :'(
We just thought of them as our lanterns, as one shone into the kitchen. We've now got a blind up to block out the you-know-what.  :curse:

I felt the same about the 70w HPS fixtures on my street. My bedroom is in the front, so when the LEDs were put up I bought light blocking curtains. The amber light of HPS is soothing at night, but the bluish white of LED is horrible. Sorry that you weren’t able to save any...

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #40 on: December 05, 2020, 05:31:33 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I felt the same about the 70w HPS fixtures on my street. My bedroom is in the front, so when the LEDs were put up I bought light blocking curtains. The amber light of HPS is soothing at night, but the bluish white of LED is horrible. Sorry that you weren’t able to save any...
Not as sorry as us, one of those would have made a nice companion for Gemma  :sadbulb:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 05:33:51 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #41 on: December 05, 2020, 07:19:27 PM » Author: HPS_250
Not as sorry as us, one of those would have made a nice companion for Gemma  :sadbulb:

They would have great together.  :( By the way, low pressure sodium looks good indoors! I will have to try that if I find a fixture.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #42 on: December 05, 2020, 09:45:08 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Lets just say the Cooper Verd... Uhh I mean Crapeons a the #1's UGLIEST LED fixture EVER!  Period. No ifs and or buts.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #43 on: December 06, 2020, 08:13:23 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Lets just say the Cooper Verd... Uhh I mean Crapeons a the #1's UGLIEST LED fixture EVER!  Period. No ifs and or buts.
The Turdeon!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #44 on: June 13, 2021, 12:22:08 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I've changed my opinion on the Verdeon. I really don't mind how ugly it is; in fact, I don't think it's ugly at all! As for performance, they really don't seem that bad. The Navion is far worse as far as performance goes. They color shift and they die prematurely. One (and pretty much the only) downside of the Verdeon is the glare. In my opinion, it's performance, not looks, that determines whether a fixture is good or bad.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 07:56:08 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies