Author Topic: Cool Green LED  (Read 1689 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Cool Green LED « on: September 16, 2016, 08:26:07 PM » Author: wattMaster
I decided to try an old Megatech RC submarine out, it uses some 3-5mm LED lights for illumination, and they looked like a cool green fluorescent!
I assume they tried to run them at high power, but they eventually greened out.
Is that what happened?

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Cool Green LED « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 09:26:39 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Sounds pert near right, I've overdriven some white LEDs for q short period, then on normal power they were green and blu, like ye olde mercs.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool Green LED « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 10:33:48 PM » Author: wattMaster
Maybe for blue the phosphor got burned off.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool Green LED « Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 09:26:17 AM » Author: Medved
The blue part of the spectrum goes directly from the chip, the phosphor then radiates only the rest.

With the transparent plastic LED's is the plastic uses to brown out (high temperature plus high intensity of energy photons from the chip), blocking mainly the blue. When combined with the older high CCT phosphors, it may end up quite greenish.

No more selfballasted c***

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool Green LED « Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 09:57:32 AM » Author: wattMaster
Oddly, it still looks clear, not browned.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool Green LED « Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 11:34:37 AM » Author: Medved
The browning affect just a very thin layer just around the die, you practically won't see it (maybe looking in details, when you have some not degraded reference to compare).

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool Green LED « Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 10:02:25 PM » Author: wattMaster
The browning affect just a very thin layer just around the die, you practically won't see it (maybe looking in details, when you have some not degraded reference to compare).
Maybe that's what happened, but maybe they did that intentionally to have the light go further in the water.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:25:58 PM by wattMaster » Logged

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool Green LED « Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 01:35:27 AM » Author: Medved
I doubt they will do special LED batch for a toy or so, the related tooling is just way too expensive. Plus when the water is clear, it pass all the visible. And when it s not clear, it depends on the exact contamination...

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool Green LED « Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 02:53:18 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I can't be 100% certain, but I think the new 4100k LEDs installed back in June may be showing hints at a very very very slight greenish color.  I'm going to keep an eye on it.  I think I might like this, could turn out to look like a MV <grin>

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies