Author Topic: WANTED: Aussie street lights.  (Read 2273 times)
Fairlane500Skyliner

View Posts
View Gallery

WANTED: Aussie street lights. « on: May 10, 2014, 06:53:56 AM » Author: Fairlane500Skyliner
Hi folks,

I'm an Aussie collector, and am looking for some local lanterns for my (currently barely existant!) collection. Does anyone have any of the following for sale?

- Sylvania B2224 (my most wanted)
- Sylvania Urban
- Sylvania Suburban
- Sylvania Roadster
- AEI Optispec
- AEI Optispan
- Philips Metro

I'm also looking for some HID lamps for display purposes, and am also after an LPS/SOX light (even a bulkhead!).

Thank you,

Chris  :)
Dimiz

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED: Aussie street lights. « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 04:59:33 AM » Author: Dimiz
Hi folks,

I'm an Aussie collector, and am looking for some local lanterns for my (currently barely existant!) collection. Does anyone have any of the following for sale?

- Sylvania Urban
- Sylvania Suburban
- Sylvania Roadster
- AEI Optispec
- AEI Optispan
- Philips Metro

I'm also looking for some HID lamps for display purposes, and am also after an LPS/SOX light (even a bulkhead!).

Thank you,

Hi Chris,
If you are down in Melbourne, I almost have one of each as I have a few doubles or triples Except for the Optispan. I have an average Philips Metro and just bought a couple of Optispecs that didn't travel well to get to me. Fellow who packed them could'nt do any less to protect them and now I have a 300 piece jigsaw puzzle that resembles a lens. Let me know..

Could never explain why I risk so much to collect them!

Fairlane500Skyliner

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED: Aussie street lights. « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 05:20:36 AM » Author: Fairlane500Skyliner
Thanks for the offer Dimiz! How big are the Sylvania B2224s? Would you consider posting one? I'm in NSW (up north of Sydney), and very rarely travel as far as Vic.  :'(

Thank you,

Chris
Dimiz

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED: Aussie street lights. « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 06:32:23 AM » Author: Dimiz
Hi Chris,
They can be posted; the light itself is only around 30ish cm long and the Urban's a little smaller so postage wouldn't be a problem. I have quite a few hence the need for a car trip and an empty boot. I could crate up a few lights and send. Cost may be around $80 though..

Could never explain why I risk so much to collect them!

Fairlane500Skyliner

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED: Aussie street lights. « Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 06:56:06 AM » Author: Fairlane500Skyliner
Thanks Dimiz, I like the sound of that! Do you have any smaller streetlights running LPS that you want to sell? How much would you be wanting for the B2224 and urban?

Thank you,

Dazm229

View Posts
View Gallery

T5 Fluorescent Street Light

Re: WANTED: Aussie street lights. « Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 03:28:37 AM » Author: Dazm229
Hi Chris,

I maybe able to assist you with some of the lights that you are looking to obtain for your collection.  I have been collecting street lights for a number of years and have built up quite a collection.  I have some of the following street lights:

- Fluorescent 2 x20w Greendale / Stradalux (I have a large number of these and all work and in great condition.  I have repaired some broken items and replaced tubes and starters and replaced deteriorated sockets).
- Sylvania B2222  (Not all are in perfect condition as some of the bolts that secure these to the outreach arm can be heavily corroded by electrolysis)
- Sylvania B2224  I have some.  Maybe able to help you out with this.  I need to check my collection.
- Sylvania Urban (Mine are all new)  I can also obtain a couple from the local power company which is nearby to me, but they are more likely be salvaged items rather than new, but I can try for new ones with photocells).
- 2 x Roadsters (1 x 250w MV and 1 x 150w SON)  I probably will not sell these but I also have a fellow collector who will most likely have one or more for sale, if he doesn't give them to you.  He is reducing his collection and I am more than happy to contact him for you and then put him in touch with you.  Let me know.

I'd like to know more about you and your collection, please tell me your story.  We can negotiate price if you're interested in some of what I have.  I will workout then what I am prepared to part with.

Cheers

Darren.

Hi folks,

- Sylvania Urban
- Sylvania Suburban
- Sylvania Roadster
- AEI Optispec
- AEI Optispan
- Philips Metro

Thank you,

Fairlane500Skyliner

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED: Aussie street lights. « Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 08:55:42 AM » Author: Fairlane500Skyliner
Hi Darren,

Thank you for your offer! I'm definitely interested in a B-2224 if you have one to spare. So far, I don't really have much of a collection or a story. I've always liked street-lighting since I was young, though haven't had much to do with it (as my main hobby, vintage television restoration, is relatively time-consuming). I have one fitting in my "collection" so far (a 70W THORN Son-Pak 7), and I have a vintage radial-wave lamp and bracket en route in the post. The only HID lamps I have are a 70W THORN Son-T (from the SON-Pak 7), a 70W Sylvania SON, and a 275W EYE self-ballasted mercury spotlight.

Chris
likelight
Re: WANTED: Aussie street lights. « Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 06:04:04 PM » Author: likelight
Hi All,
I am after:
- Sylvania B2224
- Sylvania Urban
- Sylvania Suburban

for my collection. I have Roadster to swap/sell.
Newcastle based.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies