Author Topic: Are Megamen still manufactures LED lamps to IKEA?  (Read 811 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Are Megamen still manufactures LED lamps to IKEA? « on: April 23, 2021, 08:06:39 AM » Author: dor123
I remembers that Megamen manufactured CFLs to IKEA, but it is also true with the current LED lamps sold in IKEA (IKEA should imports the same manufacturer all over the world)?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are Megamen still manufactures LED lamps to IKEA? « Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 11:06:16 AM » Author: James
I don't think Megaman makes anything since they were taken over by Xiamen Yankon.  And Ikea is expert at matching its products to the local market requirements, so they are certainly not the same all over the world.  Since becoming by far the worlds largest lamp manufacturer, the Ikea LED lamp factories are dispersed well around the globe.  Often they favour local manufacturing, until recently they were producing around 60,000 LED retrofit lamps every day in Germany.  However I think they do still standardise on using the same Seoul Semiconductor emitters inside all products, to achieve best buying power and lowest prices on the raw materials.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Are Megamen still manufactures LED lamps to IKEA? « Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 11:35:09 AM » Author: dor123
I think that when CFLs were still available at IKEA, they imported CFLs from Megamen all over the world. Hence I think this is the same with their LED lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are Megamen still manufactures LED lamps to IKEA? « Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 01:36:51 AM » Author: James
Megaman used to be a large supplier to Ikea in Europe, but for sure not the only supplier.  Very many also came from Osram’s associates.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies