Author Topic: Philips HPI-T Plus lamps  (Read 5496 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Philips HPI-T Plus lamps « Reply #15 on: April 23, 2021, 05:16:59 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
@light*plus: The problem with European HPS lamps on CWA ballasts, is because HPS lamps suffer from voltage rise during life, which can allow CWA ballasts to run them at very high currents.

Dor123, this is the quotation I got from silverliner (Dave) regarding running European high pressure sodium lamps on CWA ballasts:

You can run European HPS lamps on USA ballasts just fine, lol. All HPS lamps have voltage rise over life. Dor123 was referring to HPS retrofit lamps for
mercury ballasts. There shouldn’t be issues running European standard HPS lamps in 250w and up because they share the same electrical values. Lower wattage HPS lamps are different as ours are low voltage types designed for 120v chokes. Theirs are more like our low wattage MH lamps.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Philips HPI-T Plus lamps « Reply #16 on: April 25, 2021, 05:56:32 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
@light*plus: The problem with European HPS lamps on CWA ballasts, is because HPS lamps suffer from voltage rise during life, which can allow CWA ballasts to run them at very high currents.

@dor123, In addition, I have also found out that in Mexico, there actually are some dedicated 127/220v 60hz dual tap CWA ballasts and some 127/220/240v 60hz tri tap CWA ballasts that are actually intended for 70w, 100w, and 150w European high pressure sodium lamps as well as 220-240v 60hz reactor/choke ballasts for those lamps. In addition, I also have seen that in a Mexican Philips Catalog, it says that a 250w Philips SON-T PIA Plus lamp can safely run on a North American 250w S50 high pressure sodium CWA ballast.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies