Author Topic: Night Mode  (Read 2134 times)
wattMaster

View Gallery

Night Mode « on: October 31, 2016, 06:59:31 PM » Author: wattMaster
At night, when browsing this site, my eyes get a little strained with all of the white and blue. Could a night mode be added to switch the color scheme to something better for nighttime viewing?

SLS! <click

Patrick
Webmaster

View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Night Mode « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 08:59:25 PM » Author: Patrick
It's not impossible, but multiple themes would add extra maintenance.  Have you tried f.lux?

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

wattMaster

View Gallery

Re: Night Mode « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 09:10:06 PM » Author: wattMaster
I just installed and tried it, but there's no way to turn it off other than for one hour.

SLS! <click

Patrick
Webmaster

View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Night Mode « Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 05:34:19 PM » Author: Patrick
Yeah, that can be a nuisance if you don't want the warm CCT most nights.  If it's shifting warm too early, you can choose a location further west.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

rjluna2

View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Night Mode « Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 05:02:19 AM » Author: rjluna2
I just installed and tried it, but there's no way to turn it off other than for one hour.
I would suggest that you adjust the monitor's brightness via the monitor's control panel to see if this works.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

wattMaster

View Gallery

Re: Night Mode « Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 08:20:47 AM » Author: wattMaster
I would suggest that you adjust the monitor's brightness via the monitor's control panel to see if this works.
I always keep the brightness down at night.

SLS! <click

sol

View Gallery

Re: Night Mode « Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 01:41:01 PM » Author: sol

Not sure what you mean here or why you want to disable it. On my computer, I have the option to disable for the current app, for one hour or until sunrise. I also have a darkroom setting where it rebalances the colours and displays in red and black. There are other options as well but I haven't explored them. Seems that it would be what you're looking for...
Ash

View Gallery

Re: Night Mode « Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 05:18:10 PM » Author: Ash
Change the video gamma of the display adapter

Change the color set of the OS

Switch on accessibility features in the navigator (may require plug in for Firefox/etc)

wattMaster

View Gallery

Re: Night Mode « Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 05:30:40 PM » Author: wattMaster
Doesn't seem like I can do that for my computer because it runs Windows.

SLS! <click

Ash

View Gallery

Re: Night Mode « Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 10:55:03 PM » Author: Ash
Gamma is in display settings in Windows

Colors are somewhere there too (atleast were in XP/7)

Web colors may require a plugin (have a look at whats available, sure there must be one that changes colors)
Lodge

View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Night Mode « Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 02:48:23 AM » Author: Lodge
Most browsers allow you to adjust your browser,like right now using chrome everything text is red and the background is black but the pictures are still in color, this website explains how to do it in chrome https://www.chromium.org/user-experience/low-vision-support and I'm sure the other browsers are able to be adjusted as well just look at there accessibility options...
HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: Night Mode « Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 06:53:15 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
found my solution to this issue, i am SO SO SO  happy lol no longer, will my eyes be assaulted, I've downloaded an extension to my browser (i use opera) and in conjunction with that i use redshift, which turns my whole screen a softer colour.

~Owen

Mercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor Lamp

dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Night Mode « Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 12:08:41 AM » Author: dor123
You can also reduces the brightness of your monitor. I did this to a monitor or one of the computers of one of the workers of the storage of Carmel hospital, which don't want to have a strip light above his computer, in order to prevent him eye strain, as working in front of the computer and/or smartphone/tablet/laptop with very little light, isn't healthy.
Reducing the brightness of your monitor also saves energy and prolongs the life of the monitor, as it dims the backlighting.
found my solution to this issue, i am SO SO SO  happy lol no longer, will my eyes be assaulted, I've downloaded an extension to my browser (i use opera) and in conjunction with that i use redshift, which turns my whole screen a softer colour.
What is the extension that you download to do this? Probably it is available for Pale Moon as well.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:52:08 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: Night Mode « Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 03:11:59 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
You can also reduces the brightness of your monitor. I did this to a monitor or one of the computers of one of the workers of the storage of Carmel hospital, which don't want to have a strip light above his computer, in order to prevent him eye strain, as working in front of the computer and/or smartphone/tablet/laptop with very little light, isn't healthy.
Reducing the brightness of your monitor also saves energy and prolongs the life of the monitor, as it dims the backlighting.What is the extension that you download to do this? Probably it is available for Pale Moon as well.

it goes by the name of "Night mode pro" its an extension for the opera browser, like you said though it may be avalable for your browser, or atleast something very similar, also , i run linux, and this particular distro of linux makes it quite a hassle to change the screen brightness, so i had to resort to these other two things to reduce eye strain..

~Owen

Mercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor Lamp

dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Night Mode « Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 03:00:50 AM » Author: dor123
I opened similar post at the forum of Pale Moon, and they recommended Advanced Night Mode extension.
I had some problems with Advanced Night Mode on several Web 2.0 websites, including Youtube and Google, where black text and text boxes refused to change color, and became invisible as a result.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines