Author Topic: LM Unistyle 400 Glass needed!  (Read 2712 times)
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

LM Unistyle 400 Glass needed! « on: May 02, 2008, 01:24:11 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
I need a Unistyle glass, Or anything that closley resembles a LM Unistyle 400. It's for a true 1966 LM fixtue. One got damaged in shipping by SmashEx, Oh sorry Fedex. Want to do a full restore on fixture.

Same stuff, Different Day!

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: LM Unistyle 400 Glass needed! « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:08:55 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
MAN!!!!!!!!!! That's terrible!

I have one but it's on my Unidor....sorry....I even have a HARD time looking for a Unidor 175 glass refractor and a Unistyle 175 refractor, and I had to deal with it LOL

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LM Unistyle 400 Glass needed! « Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 01:42:24 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Yeah it's ashame. I an debating on whether I should even send the 325 glass and risk the same. Would anyone have any refractors that are somwhat close to fit this fixture?

NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LM Unistyle 400 Glass needed! « Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 02:43:17 PM » Author: NiMo
Yeah it's ashame. I an debating on whether I should even send the 325 glass and risk the same. Would anyone have any refractors that are somwhat close to fit this fixture?
Any T/B, LM, or post 1997 GE M-400 glass will work.

Group Replacement, Baby

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: LM Unistyle 400 Glass needed! « Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 11:54:47 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Dave, the Silverliner, can make good packing suggestions.....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LM Unistyle 400 Glass needed! « Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 12:27:14 AM » Author: NiMo
I've also packed glass so well that it arrived intact.  The secret is this:

1:Wrap the refractor in bubble wrap

2:Make sort of a "suspension system" out of styrofoam pieces or cardboard so the refractor can "float"

3:Packing Peanuts-Lots of it.

Make sure the refractor cannot move around in the box.

Group Replacement, Baby

mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LM Unistyle 400 Glass needed! « Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 01:12:39 AM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
I will try it, It was actually wraped in bubble wrap. Would anyone be able to send me a refractor? Anything that would go with this fixture. The 325 glass does not look like it belongs. I am looking for any the Nimo posted above.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: LM Unistyle 400 Glass needed! « Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 10:06:06 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
the Post 1997 GE refractors have the same design as the AE 325s as far as I know, even the pattern designs...

Also check this picture out this one is not too far from my house right at the intersection of Route 1, Nimo said this does not have the original glass, I wonder what kind of glass this one has, it looks pretty good in fact!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 10:08:59 AM by TudorWhiz » Logged

mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LM Unistyle 400 Glass needed! « Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 09:50:23 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Well, If anyone has anything that will fit this fixture let me know. I would like the 325 to remain original. The LM I would just like to have a glass for. Anything will be fine by me at this point. Its to bad to cause this fixture would have been a perfect restore for me.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: LM Unistyle 400 Glass needed! « Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 05:36:02 AM » Author: Silverliner
These are good tips for successfully packing refractors. I'd like to add a few details.

1. Make sure the inside of the refractor is well stuffed with foam or crimpled newspaper. This allows better reinforcement for the glass so an impact won't blow it in if there's open air space inside.

2. There must be a minimum of 3-4 inches from the glass to the outer surface of the box.

3. Except for inside the refractor, never use newspaper for packaging! It's a very poor cushion since newspaper can cause object to settle near the bottom of the box, and also newspaper can get hard when it settles like that.

4. Of course don't forget to write Fragile and This End Up on all sides of box in red LOL.

Hope this helps. All of the above allowed me to ship 4 Form 109 globes and 2 Form 175 refractors with great success. Form 109 globes are incredibly fragile and anything less than that could result in a nasty surprise.

I've also packed glass so well that it arrived intact.  The secret is this:

1:Wrap the refractor in bubble wrap

2:Make sort of a "suspension system" out of styrofoam pieces or cardboard so the refractor can "float"

3:Packing Peanuts-Lots of it.

Make sure the refractor cannot move around in the box.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Memorex_Telex
Re: LM Unistyle 400 Glass needed! « Reply #10 on: December 16, 2019, 10:31:16 PM » Author: Memorex_Telex
I’ve got two more Unistyle LM Holophane marked refractors. I’ve been selling them on eBay for $126.00 each.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies