Author Topic: Mazda TRF Ballast  (Read 1907 times)
Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Mazda TRF Ballast « on: December 03, 2016, 03:34:11 PM » Author: Alex
Hi guys

I recently found this' Mazda ballast (the normal 40W Mazda ballast is for comparison):

The ballast is for 2 TRF lamps with 40W. (Has anyone such tubes for me?) The date code is H12, someone knows how old it is?
About another forum I found the same drawing:

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this ballast and someone know what the second small ballast is? Maybe a normal for 40W?

And how rare is such a ballast?
Is PCB inside?

Glück auf ⚒️

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mazda TRF Ballast « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 02:43:00 PM » Author: Ash
The wiring in the tray drawing looks like this thing contains 2 Switchstart chokes inside (The drawing is allmost accurate, with the exception of missing starter for the lamp on the 1 choke and a Neutral wire that disappears and reappears in a different place)

The current rating 0.53A looks like a high power factor device i.e. running the 2 lamps in lead lag. So, there is 1 choke and 1 choke in series with capacitor inside

You might be able to figure what are the chokes connections from here + resistance measurements (a 40W choke coil is ~30..50 Ohm)

Since the thing contains a capacitor and is very old, most likely there are PCBs inside

Note that the capacitor may be degraded from age (even in storage) so it might fail if you power this up now
Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: Mazda TRF Ballast « Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 11:35:31 AM » Author: Alex
The captor is in the fixure orin the ballast.

Glück auf ⚒️

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies