Author Topic: How do you guys have such good eBay searches methods for interesting bulbs?  (Read 1099 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
How do you guys have such good eBay searches methods for interesting bulbs? « on: September 08, 2020, 07:44:56 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I see that some of you guys have great bulb searching skills when it comes to eBay, do any of you mind sharing your methods? I always seem to get the basic stuff.
Thanks for any info! :)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How do you guys have such good eBay searches methods for interesting bulbs? « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 09:46:47 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Truthfully , some of my best finds literally showed up by chance ! If I'm searching something , lets say Sylvania Mercury Vapor, if I find a particular item I deem worth a closer look I'll also check through the "sponsored items" that eBay shows in with the particular listings.

You'd be AMAZED at some of the stuff that pops up in there !

Another suggestion , at the end of each page of you watch list it will have a box that says "Items You're watching" . To the right it will give other suggestions based on the watched items .  I've found a number of good things there also.

Also , when searching a particular item , try every possible variation of the item name . i.e. , Vintage Street light , Vintage Streetlight , Vintage streetlamp , Roadway light ETC.   

A lot of sellers have some really neat , rare stuff ! the problem is when they list the item under a name other than what the rest of the world calls it !  If your not looking for an item the way the seller listed it , you'll never find it !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How do you guys have such good eBay searches methods for interesting bulbs? « Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 10:14:21 PM » Author: takemorepills
Don't forget to add "-LED" in your searches.
And choose the correct Country, since I am in USA I always select "US Only" or "North America".
This is basically my "China filter".
For example, if I search "vintage light bulb" there will be 27K+ results. Select "US Only" and it will go down to 16K results. Add "-LED" and it further reduces the results to 1,600.
From there you can choose "new" or "used", but I have found the new/used thing is not always accurate as some sellers may call NOS "used" or may list obviously used as "new".
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How do you guys have such good eBay searches methods for interesting bulbs? « Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 11:59:51 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah -LED, North America only or Canada only are filters I use a lot. If you're looking for something specific, sometimes searching the lamp model number can yield good results. You catch the sellers that list a MV lamp with only the make and the lamp model.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies