Author Topic: Anyone else into surplus military trucks?  (Read 7701 times)
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Anyone else into surplus military trucks? « Reply #30 on: December 12, 2016, 11:11:35 PM » Author: LampLover
Hey "ace100w120v" I found this 1970 Deuce and a half on my local Craigslist. I am not really into them (I am more into the smaller Mini-buses and computers vintage audio, electronics and of course lighting Lol!)

Here is the ad text (In case the ad is taken down or flagged)

Looking to sell my 1970 m35a2. Multi fuel engine Runs and drives good, 6x6, 5 speed with high and low transfer case. Comes with a new fender for the damaged one and also 4 spare tires. Looking to get 5000 obo. I have copy of original title, bill of sale, and a Vin verification. Has been previously registered in PA and ct. Motivated to sell make offer.

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else into surplus military trucks? « Reply #31 on: December 14, 2016, 08:21:48 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Thanks for the heads up!  NY is too far for me at the moment, but I may be picking one up in my local area in the spring nevertheless, originally found out about it from a Craigslist post but will actually be picking it up (if I do) in the spring.  I'll keep this thread updated if I do.
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else into surplus military trucks? « Reply #32 on: January 01, 2017, 01:47:01 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Looking at a 5 ton long bed that's going up for 2400 bucks at auction. If I get it it wouldn't even get to Alaska for awhile, but there may be ways around the storage issue, I have some connections.   Would build a box in the bed, and move into that versus the dorms.
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else into surplus military trucks? « Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 11:14:19 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Well, that's probably not gonna happen.  (outbid at the starting bid even, more than I was gonna throw in for that one).

BUT, I found a standard wheelbase 5 ton here, where I grew up (back visiting) that's actually a local truck, from a base here originally!  It was probably here the whole time I was, then surplused about the the same time I moved to Alaska.  (2008).  1984 M923.  Cummins NHC250 14 liter engine.  Not museum perfect but would be a neat first truck.  It wouldn't happen until at least this summer, but isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  So that's the latest project which may be coming my way. Still pretty excited.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies