Author Topic: Detroit streetlights illegally dumped  (Read 14801 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Detroit streetlights illegally dumped « on: March 07, 2017, 12:22:54 PM » Author: Lumex120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaPwgdmeiaY
All I know is, if I found that, I would have grabbed as many as would fit in my car.

Unofficial LG Discord

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Detroit streetlights illegally dumped « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 12:34:37 PM » Author: dor123
Are these streetlight was in service and someone removed them from lampposts and then dumped them there?
This was never happened here in Israel.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Detroit streetlights illegally dumped « Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 07:54:53 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
we don't have enough information yet.  For all we know, These could have been from a private parking lot or electrical contractor, or someone stole a city or power company vehicle that had these used fixtures on them and decided to dump them there.  I don't believe the city would have done this. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Detroit streetlights illegally dumped « Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 12:53:56 AM » Author: tolivac
It looks like the lights were dumpted in front of an abandoned house.Yes,grab as many as you can-most looks servicable with a cleanup and replacing broken lamps.Collectors and others would like to have these.What a waste.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Detroit streetlights illegally dumped « Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 05:21:10 AM » Author: Silverliner
Unfortunately most are Durastar crap.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Detroit streetlights illegally dumped « Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 05:36:05 AM » Author: dor123
What is the problem with AEL Durastars?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Detroit streetlights illegally dumped « Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 12:06:40 AM » Author: Lodge
It looks like most have the ballasts removed, who ever did it know's the scrap dealer would ask questions if the rest of the fixture came in, so they stripped them of the copper and tossed the rest in a field, during most large fixture swaps they don't really protect the older fixtures from theft, because they are just scraping them anyhow, I've seen a larger pile of TV's just missing the yoke, scrap collectors will do just about anything for copper, even ripping off live high voltage wires...
ggillis

View Posts
View Gallery

AEL 175W NEMA

Re: Detroit streetlights illegally dumped « Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 02:04:37 PM » Author: ggillis
On PEI they used them durastars for a really short period of time but they stopped because the covers were flying off

Red Seal Electrician

Click on the link below to view my gallery:

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11790

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Detroit streetlights illegally dumped « Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 11:39:25 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Plastic A/E durastars. No salvage value so they probably dumped them thinking some poor soul would get them and try to make some change.

Whoever dumped these took the ballasts and wire out for scrap and dumped the rest!

Ballasts aren't great money but there was probably enough scrap value to buy lunch and to a scrapper every thing adds up !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Detroit streetlights illegally dumped « Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 01:37:19 PM » Author: Binarix128
It looks like most have the ballasts removed...
Someone removed it for get a bit of money.

Moths ago I saw a fallen fixture, and days later it doesn't have ballast.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies