Author Topic: A video I didn't like so much...  (Read 7729 times)
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
A video I didn't like so much... « on: June 03, 2008, 09:53:44 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Look at that and give your opinion as a positive or a negative reply. Personally I didn't like this. Ok incandescent lamps are inefficient, but that's a money waste. more, in 40 years, what will be the collection value of them?

Mr. Big
Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:11:22 PM » Author: Mr. Big
 :'( That's the saddest thing I've EVER seen!

I could have used all those lamps!  :'(
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 01:26:49 AM » Author: lite_lover
What a waste,they should have just sold them, and when they're gone then only sell CFLS.

The brighter the better.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 09:45:49 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I commented that stupid video that upsets me. It is waste of energy to MAKE the bulbs and CRUSH them. Those Greens people are hypocrites and supports lamps with MERCURY which greens normally hates!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 06:06:21 PM » Author: Silverliner
Greenpeace is an environment extremist. I heard they want to shut down all the refineries in the USA.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 09:43:50 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Apparently they try to hide the truth, cuz I posted something..seems they will only post some of them, to make them look good, even if some truth was posted and they did not like it, they won't accept it!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

GE M-400A1

View Posts
View Gallery

My Pontiac 6000 STE

Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 01:27:23 AM » Author: GE M-400A1
Greanpeace just scares the hell out of me. I am gald i don't have to clean that mess. Freaks!!

My Cars:

1986 Pontiac 6000 STE

1996 Chrysler Concorde LXi

1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi

Lampenfreak

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 11:31:13 AM » Author: Lampenfreak
I already watched the video. If I see that anywhere I will go the greens and shot them a bulb into their face ;D. Did they don't know that mercury is inside of CFLs?

The quality isn't high enough to use CFL instead of normal bulbs. My parents used CFLs in the living room and the CFL burned out only 2 months later. We paid a lot for them and now they are using bulbs only. And the light output from a 20W CFL is only the same as a normal bulb of 75W and NOT 100W. They don't know anything about that technology. Any bulb (40W - 100W) which are used in everyone's household have maximum of 10 lumens per watt. The CFLs have maximum of 40 lumens per watt.

@silverliner: That is totally right!

@tudorwhiz: I think they don't know how poisening mercury is.

It is like atomic energy. But today it is the best and CHEAPEST way to produce energy for many years.

Greats Michael who hates Greenpeace *evil smile*
form109
Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 03:35:50 PM » Author: form109
wasteful >:(
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 10:52:20 AM » Author: Foxtronix
Form109: Very short, and exact!

Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 09:40:32 PM » Author: Mercury Man
Now that is just plain stupid.  Activists who are reactive instead of proactive.  Pinheads!!!
Pippi

View Posts
View Gallery

Pippi Longstocking - The world`s strongest girl

GoL UCpsE6sKyPz8uzLGMaVM92RA
Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 09:58:42 PM » Author: Pippi
What a waste, they should have used the bulbs and let them burn out, and THEN crush them

:bluecflhd: :yellowcflhd: :bluecflhd: :yellowcflhd:

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 09:58:48 PM » Author: Foxtronix
They bought all these light bulbs so they stimulated this part of the market. Maybe they convinced SOME people to stop using them, but they also convinced MANY companies to make more of them... That's nonsense, but real!

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 03:04:32 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Probably true.........but also they broke lamps that had factory use all the electricity to MAKE, so they wasted power anyway...It actually uses MORE power to make CFL than an incandescent!

dp
Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 10:42:19 AM » Author: dp
What the  :o

Why on earth crush bulbs with a steam roller on a street, someone has to clean all that broken glass, and tiny fragments will remain for some animal or little kid would fall onto it.

Also CFLs are a big no-no for now until they make them safe, reliable and not Chinese (except for good Chinese brands.)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies