Author Topic: A video I didn't like so much...  (Read 7728 times)
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 04:11:15 PM » Author: Medved
The "mercury" argument against fluorescents is not the right one, but the "energy" and lifetime argument is more against those retrofits:
- These integrated CFL's are longer then incandescents, so efficiency of optic designed for incandescent is VERY poor, so you need >2000lm (30W) lamp to replace 1200lm 100Watter
- CFL's need a warm-up time, so for short time lighting you need even more wattage for the same output
- Those "A-size" CFL's are maximum 9W, so only 450lm (40W)
But quite long here is another technology: Linear fluoros
- much wider color selection (Many steps from 2700 to 10000K)
- you might select high efficacy (~90lm/W) good rendering (80) tri-phosphor of excellent rendering (>95) and moderate efficacy (~70lm/W) trad-off (while with those spirals you have the worst from both options - 60lm/W and no more then 80CRI)
- Lifetime of those "incandescent" size is no more then 5000h - compare with nowadays standard 24000h (state-of-the-art are 80000h) of T8 (mostly ballast failures, as it operate very hot - close to the bulb)
- CFL's are no better then 60lm/W, while those long-life T8 are around 90lm/W

No more selfballasted c***

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 08:41:31 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Apparently were aren't the only ones whos annoyed by the GreenPeace actions

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 04:42:01 PM » Author: Foxtronix
LOL! Good one gull. It's obvious that sometimes they're going too far...

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 06:57:54 PM » Author: TudorWhiz

Why on earth crush bulbs with a steam roller on a street, someone has to clean all that broken glass, and tiny fragments will remain for some animal or little kid would fall onto it.

Birds probably ate some of the glass.....I wonder what the Animal abuse group will have to say about this....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A video I didn't like so much... « Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 08:07:08 AM » Author: magslight
Sad thing :-[

I hope they will NOT do the same 2012/15 with MV lamps :o :o ???
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies