Author Topic: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design  (Read 2140 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « on: May 03, 2017, 02:27:44 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Hi  :)

For me it would be the Schreder Sepale and the Hectia

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

dischargecraze

View Posts
View Gallery

Tom

Re: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 03:50:46 PM » Author: dischargecraze
Oh yes you are right. All those flat glary fixtures are scary. I might go blind from their design :D
Let's go off topic. This is a very nice fixture and I really want to collect it. It looks decent and gives off a good lighting pattern.

This is the only fixture I can accept with open arms.
dischargecraze

View Posts
View Gallery

Tom

Re: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 06:20:26 PM » Author: dischargecraze
One thing I do know is that most American type LED fixtures sold are just terrible. I've never really been into cobraheads and that kind of stuff but once you see a V Max... you get what I'm saying. And as for European fixtures I think they're a bit more streamlined. Industria makes some really nice ones but they try too hard to make a work of art. They could've retrofitted older HPS fixtures with LED lamps and it wouldn't break the bank. I think that most cities choose the uglier fixtures because they are cheaper.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 05:27:04 AM » Author: dor123
For me, all LED fixtures and lanterns are terrible, regardless if they are american, european or even Gaash.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 05:35:42 PM » Author: AngryHorse
No contest for me, THESE...
Day of the Triffids springs to mind!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 01:36:20 PM » Author: Beta 5
I find daylight fluorescents (especially Halophosphate daylight fluorescents) creepy, after dark, especially in old buildings from the 50's/60's, also in buildings when there's no one about after dark.

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 02:23:20 PM » Author: Ash
I find Incandescents in such buildings more towards the "creepy" factor. Being Incandescent it is usually an old setup which is quite dim, without redundancy which means any EOL lamp equals a significant dark area, and often flickering to bad connections or voltage fluctations which are less pronounced with 36 T8's
Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 03:34:56 PM » Author: Beta 5
I find Incandescents in such buildings more towards the "creepy" factor. Being Incandescent it is usually an old setup which is quite dim, without redundancy which means any EOL lamp equals a significant dark area, and often flickering to bad connections or voltage fluctations which are less pronounced with 36 T8's

For me its the bluish colour that makes it creepy, the same building with 3000K or 3500K would be fine.
I can see how incandescent may feel creepy, but it depends on what the building is like and if there is any windows etc.

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 10:35:55 PM » Author: Lodge
For me its the bluish colour that makes it creepy, the same building with 3000K or 3500K would be fine.
I can see how incandescent may feel creepy, but it depends on what the building is like and if there is any windows etc.

I use low wattage incandescent lamps wired in series with a florescent starter to really create that creepy feeling, the lights flicker and flash randomly non-stop, just like you see in the horror flicks, they are a real treat to watch at Halloween especially if you have several of them because it's so random (but they are hard on the starters which only last a few days, good thing Halloween night is only a few hours long)
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 10:40:44 PM » Author: Lodge
Oh and for fixtures I just use pigtail sockets with mangled rusty wire cages and what ever I can find, like old plates, some have mud thrown on them or paint, some are normal bulbs some are vintage replicas of varying wattage's I can't find those nice enameled green shades that are beaten and weathered around me or I would use those with my flashing lights...
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 08:11:41 PM » Author: Lumex120
Let's not forget the Westinghouse Wallguard.

Unofficial LG Discord

dischargecraze

View Posts
View Gallery

Tom

Re: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 08:19:40 PM » Author: dischargecraze
The wallguard does look very effective for lighting big terrains. I like the design, it's unique
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Lanterns/luminaries with an eerie/creepy design « Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 04:53:31 PM » Author: Flurofan96
What about this one

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4530&pos=3&pid=133812

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies