Author Topic: Metal halide or mercury vapor?  (Read 1352 times)
micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

Metal halide or mercury vapor? « on: May 25, 2017, 08:46:53 AM » Author: micole66
This lamp is a mercury vapor or a metal halide lamp? This streetlight have white light!!!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Metal halide or mercury vapor? « Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 09:22:24 AM » Author: dor123
The picture looks grainy, but it looks like the lantern is antique, so it have a color corrected mercury vapor lamp (The mercury vapor itself, produces a greenish light, and to correct it to white, the lamp is coated with a red emitting phosphor).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Metal halide or mercury vapor? « Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 03:07:09 PM » Author: Ash
The lantern is a Disano Sempione without the cover. They have been installed well into the 00's
micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Metal halide or mercury vapor? « Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 02:03:39 AM » Author: micole66
The lantern is a Disano Sempione without the cover. They have been installed well into the 00's

Yes, but is a Mercury vapor or a metal halide?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Metal halide or mercury vapor? « Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 04:46:29 AM » Author: dor123
Mercury vapor, but with a red emitting phosphor coating to correct the greenish color of the mercury vapor itself to white light.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies