Author Topic: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences  (Read 2712 times)
Distorted Vision

View Posts
View Gallery

Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « on: May 21, 2017, 03:52:02 PM » Author: Distorted Vision
I'm looking at replacing the Megaman 7W GU10 in the downlight spotlight fittings in my home office with these Kanlux:

http://www.kanlux.pl/en/23410

Never heard of this brand before. But they suit my requirements as they are the correct size and also high output - 900 lumens. Halogen GU10 aren't a viable option because of high power comsumption.

Any opinions please?
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 04:53:40 PM » Author: Ash
Try it out ? That would be the best opinion and experience for you..
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 12:56:59 AM » Author: Lodge
It really depends, those GU10 LED's are going to be a very wide flood light, what are you attempting to light and from what distance, you might need to get a narrow spot type lights if they are say directly over your desk and there is not much other lighting around, and what is there cost compared to a name brand lamp, because sometimes the few dollars you save now will haunt you later on when that company goes bankrupt just before the product recall, or the hassle you get trying to return them under warranty when they fail..
Distorted Vision

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 03:51:26 AM » Author: Distorted Vision
The reason I wanted to upgrade from the 7W Megaman LED is because I don't find the room is bright enough for reading at my desk. I've had to use the additional black Ikea LED desk lamps. The office has 9 ceiling downlights (3x3):

The 120 degree beam angle is a concern. The current Megaman are rated at 550 lumens but are 35 degrees. I'm concerned that the wide beam will negate the increased brightness and defeating the objective.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 03:54:27 AM by Distorted Vision » Logged
Distorted Vision

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 04:01:42 AM » Author: Distorted Vision
These are the only viable alternatives I've found:

https://www.wholesaleledlights.co.uk/gu10-led-9w-cob-860-lumens.html?infinity=ict2~net~gaw~ar~62073948465~kw~~mt~~cmp~PLA%20-%20LED%20Spotlights~ag~LED%20Spotlights&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmIrJBRCRmJ_x7KDo-9oBEiQAuUPKMj26D4gt5UHAb4EjXDoET6VRR3fr3198XSkSQodBKjQaAp8O8P8HAQ
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 02:51:43 PM » Author: Ash
Small MR16 spots were never meant to deliver a lot of light. Trying to light up a working room with them is good idea only if you dont need bright light, and dont mind sharp shadows

If i would have this existing setup, i would of put in Halogens of the lowest Wattage i could find - 10W for minimal lighting while still keeping light quality. Heat and energy use are not a concern with 10W lamps. This would put few 10's Lux on the general area, and use brighter lamps as needed in the desk lamps
Distorted Vision

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 09:08:48 AM » Author: Distorted Vision
Installed the Kanlux LED GU10 and I'm happy with the results:

I'm considering replacing my Ikea Antifoni floor standing lamps with the current version. The new version uses GU10 bulbs as well but the old version which I have uses G9 halogen. I'm not sure if using Kanlux GU10 900 lumens in the desk lamps would be too bright though.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 03:10:06 PM » Author: Ash
What is the problem with GU10 ?
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 06:45:44 PM » Author: Lodge
Looks good, and I see the issue with using higher wattage lights on the back wall, basically running an A/C you need to use 2 watts to cool every watt of heat you add, so running 6 x 50 watt lights you have 300 watts of heat and need 600 watts to cool them so it doesn't take long to add 0.9 Kw to the power bill and if they are on for like six hours five days a week it's about $12 a month,so at least with LED's your only adding a much smaller fraction to the bill 6X7watt is 42 watts and to cool that it's about 84 watts so 126 watts so about $2 a month it's a pretty good power saving, and they will get a return on investment in under 6 months after that it's more money in there pocket for new lights, and they seem happy with the lighting... (based on $0.11/kWh rounded to the nearest $ and bulbs are about $10 a shot or less)
Distorted Vision

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 01:20:27 AM » Author: Distorted Vision
The new Ikea Antifoni GU10 have a maximum rating of 6.3W. I was wondering what the consequences of using 9W Kanlux. They might be too bright anyway so I think I should be okay using the Megaman 7W that were in the ceiling downlights.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 10:47:37 AM » Author: Ash
The lantern does not have a dimmer or so, right ? Its just 230V to the socket. So there is no problem of overloading any built in electronics

9W is not significant amount of heat. So there is no problem of overheating any Plastic parts or so

It will be fine with the 9W lamps
Distorted Vision

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 07:22:19 AM » Author: Distorted Vision
Bought and installed new Ikea Antifoni floor lamps using the same Kanlux 9W GU10 (900 Lumens) as used in the ceiling downlights.

Overall, happy with the result and I've been able to elimate the two black Ikea desklamps making more space on my desk.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Kanlux LED GU10 - Opinions and experiences « Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 09:20:51 AM » Author: Ash
Its great you found a setup you like. I think 1800 Lm is a whole lot of light for a desk !
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies