Author Topic: what Colour Temp can you not stand?  (Read 7378 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #30 on: May 31, 2017, 05:29:10 AM » Author: dor123
I've never seen warm white CFLs that turned yellow with age. My Osram Duluxstar 8W/827, which survived more than ten years, retained its 827 colour until it died for good. This is the case also with my Hyundai Teva 20W 827 color helical CFL. Only my Hyundai eco bug light CFL, shifted from 2500K to an ugly mustard yellow, either because of degradation of its yellow cover, or because of my vision.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #31 on: May 31, 2017, 06:18:36 AM » Author: Ash
I think a turbocharger in an economy faily car won't make much difference. The whole engine is the limiting factor, not its air intake...

The spectrum of CFLs becomes poorer as they degrade and components of the three Phosphors wear out. LEDs are there right from the start, with only one Blue peak from the chip and one Orange band from the Phosphor
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #32 on: May 31, 2017, 06:31:37 AM » Author: suzukir122
I've also seen CFL's seem dull yellow (mainly warm and soft white) but the reasons behind that always seemed
to be the center plastic cover in between the fluorescent tube portion of the bulb, near the tube ends.
The light ricocheting off of that slightly burnt yellow center does seem to make a difference, at least from
all of the ones I've seen.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #33 on: May 31, 2017, 06:50:19 AM » Author: Ash
I seen that color appear in directions from which the Plastic is not visible, so the main part of the effect gotta be from the tube output itself. But that we allready know, even new tubes of the same color from different manufacturers and batches look different
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #34 on: June 01, 2017, 04:35:13 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I thought the whole point of the turbocharger was to add power to the engine and combust fuel more efficiently, hence the whole point of it...

I've also seen CFL's seem dull yellow (mainly warm and soft white) but the reasons behind that always seemed
to be the center plastic cover in between the fluorescent tube portion of the bulb, near the tube ends.
The light ricocheting off of that slightly burnt yellow center does seem to make a difference, at least from
all of the ones I've seen.
Wow I didn't think of that. Now that you mention it, I've seen CFLs with yellowed bases that give off more dull yellowy coloured light than a new CFL with a white base.

Of course that as well as the fact that the phosphor degrades over time.
I seen that color appear in directions from which the Plastic is not visible, so the main part of the effect gotta be from the tube output itself. But that we allready know, even new tubes of the same color from different manufacturers and batches look different

I find some CFLs have an awful peach colour for warm white and some have a sterile feeling blue colour for daylight. Some Sylvanias are bad for this which seems to vary from batches.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #35 on: June 01, 2017, 11:35:33 AM » Author: Ash
This can be tested. Get a new and an old CFL, and transplant the tubes and ballasts

I spotted that too. The WW CFLs look to me like if they overdone the Red component, trying to please the users who were complaining that the light of CFL is not the same as GLS back in the day
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: what Colour Temp can you not stand? « Reply #36 on: June 01, 2017, 06:57:17 PM » Author: Flurofan96
For me I prefer to have anything 3000K and above in the bathroom and kitchen (cannot stand incandescent 2700K in bathrooms, so unrefreshing!) I can't stand daylight 6500K LEDS that give off a bluish white bicycle flashlight colour but I kinda find LEDS with an 8000K violet colour quite fascinating as it reminds me of worn out MH lamps.

When I was 12 years, the 2700K colour temperature I found was a big YUCK in my opinion when it came to CFLS. Don't mind 2700K FL tubes they are OK

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies