Author Topic: Does a high CRI Circline exist?  (Read 2204 times)
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Does a high CRI Circline exist? « on: October 25, 2017, 04:54:23 AM » Author: LampLover
I have a couple of magnifier lamps that take a standard Circline FC8T9 and I was wondering if there is a higher CRI (CRI of 85 or above) version available? If they do where would I obtain one and how much $?

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Does a high CRI Circline exist? « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 06:58:24 AM » Author: Medved
As far as I know, CRI80+ (so tri-phorphors, so the IEC 8xx color rating) are quite common.
Due to the efficacy standards these are even the only circlines still available in Europe, but I see them on most US e-shops as well (the GE Polylux,...)...

However if the question is for higher CRI (9xx rating) there I've seen only the T5's, not the T9's anymore.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 07:00:51 AM by Medved » Logged

No more selfballasted c***

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Does a high CRI Circline exist? « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 04:29:33 PM » Author: nicksfans
https://www.dazor.com/store/Circline-22W-Full-Spectrum-Fluorescent-Bulb.html

http://www.hisco.com/Catalog/Lighting-Magnification/Lighting-Accessories/Fluorescent-Lamps/FC8T9-FSB-65673

http://www.qsource.com/p-21164-dazor-fc8t9fsb-circline-magnifier-bulb-5500k-22w-4-pin-full-spectrum.aspx

https://www.bulborama.com/FC8T9-SPECTRA-BRITE-5000K-FULL-SPECTRUM-CIRCLINE-FLUORESCENT-LIGHT-BULB-p1058.html

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Does a high CRI Circline exist? « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 04:58:48 AM » Author: dor123
I think that these links are misleading. Not all 5000K lamps are high CRI. And websites like these, tends to mislead the consumers ("Full spectrum" is one of the examples: There is no such a thing).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

Re: Does a high CRI Circline exist? « Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 11:45:28 AM » Author: nicksfans
The first and fourth links list the CRI, and the second and third links are the same lamp as in the first link.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Does a high CRI Circline exist? « Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 10:31:47 PM » Author: LampLover
Thanks Nick (nicksfans) for finding that. I believe the standard ones the CRI is in the 60's range? I have two of the Circline fixtures (One being a Magnifier and the other a dual function lamp (Incandescent & Fluorescent) Both of the fixtures are in my gallery
I think I will get one of those for each lamp I use the magnifier one the most 

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

Re: Does a high CRI Circline exist? « Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 10:57:53 PM » Author: nicksfans
No problem. Yes, a regular Cool White has a CRI in the low 60s. Philips also makes a Soft White Circline that's 3000K with a CRI of 80. Old-school Daylight has a CRI of 75.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies